Will Hughes - Where will the future take him?

RamsPolls

27 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Ask the question the other way round....which current England players would you swap for a fully fit Will Hughes and George Thorne?

Often when I'm watching England I think that George would be better than whoever is supposed to be our holding mid. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

He has one more year on his contract. So either we go up with him and he signs a new one, or he's gone in the summer. I really doubt Will will sign a new contract if we are in the championship and we would probably cash up on him this summer. 

Sad really because we should have already been up with Thorne, Hendrick and Hughes as our centre mids.  :(

Stoke City are probably the only bottom side who play anywhere near the type of football that Will Hughes would thrive from.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but Hughes would have very little impact at a Sunderland, West Brom, Boro or Palace despite those clubs having a better team than us due to style of football.

Hughes needs to play in a possession-based side. Who of the bottom clubs like to dominate the ball? Bournemouth, but they've got Wilshere. Who else?

Forget the top eight. Hughes doesn't have that level yet.

McClaren is the best coach for Hughes, and Derby are one of the best clubs for him at this moment in time. 

If thats the case you can put money talks are being held with him right now.The way i see it it could be hes a true ram like all of us.But the one thing he must want is a full cap and unfortunately he wont get that while we are in the championship.But as others have said for Will its important he goes to the right manager(but hopefully hes learnt that have had the Pearson experience) my choice for him would me arsenal,But one things for sure he will turn out to be one of the best Derby have ever produced Value fully fit right now£20/25million after a year in the prem skys the limit

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Given Will and George's age and ability i'd struggle to swap them for any current England players.

And @Mostyn6 can stick his rose glasses where the sun don't shine. Sideways.:D

whilst England don't appear to be blessed with brilliance, both Hughes and Thorne are way down the pecking order. The only thing on their side is age, well, on Hughes side. But when the likes of Barkley cannot get in the England squad, and he's got everything Will Hughes has, and pace and goals, and more. People judge him too highly.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Ask the question the other way round....which current England players would you swap for a fully fit Will Hughes and George Thorne?

Dier, Lallana, Milner, Henderson, Barkley, Wilshere, basically every single one of the England setup.

Hughes is a fantastic talent but let's not get carried away.

Im sure most of those could adapt a bit better in a 4-4-2 aswell, or play under pearson without crying about how the system doesnt suit him.

Seriously which rams fans wouldnt take Dier or henderson to play in the middle of our park or at holding role?

Some fans specs are so rose tinted its untrue... wasnt so long ago our midfield looked damn awful, before yesterdays game, i for one was thinking Hughes was extremely over rated. One good game doesnt make up for 9 bad ones before it.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

whilst England don't appear to be blessed with brilliance, both Hughes and Thorne are way down the pecking order. The only thing on their side is age, well, on Hughes side. But when the likes of Barkley cannot get in the England squad, and he's got everything Will Hughes has, and pace and goals, and more. People judge him too highly.

I'm not too sure George is that far down (in terms of ability at least). I mean, he would be if Barry and Carrick weren't perpetually omitted but as it stands the only other holding midfielder in the squad is Dier and even he plays more like an auxiliary centre-half. After those three you're scraping the barrel with the likes of Colback, Huddlestone and Drinkwater. 

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Right now, I'd swap Jonjo Shelvey for Will Hughes.

On Saturday, Will dominated, well... he influenced for the first team in a few seasons. He needs to be running the show now. He's young, but he's no kid.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Of course he's a kid in footballing terms, he's 21. Name me some other 21 year old midfielder who's bossing things.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Of course he's a kid in footballing terms, he's 21. Name me some other 21 year old midfielder who's bossing things.

Well, judging by the hype Will receives, people are placing him in the same company as the likes of Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt, David Beckham, Cesc Fabregas, Michael Carrick, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, James Milner, Jordan Henderson, Jamie Redknapp, Lee Bowyer, Darren Fletcher, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Scott Parker, Owen Hargreaves, to name off the top of my head, were all established at a higher level and bossing games at that age.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Well, judging by the hype Will receives, people are placing him in the same company as the likes of Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt, David Beckham, Cesc Fabregas, Michael Carrick, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, James Milner, Jordan Henderson, Jamie Redknapp, Lee Bowyer, Darren Fletcher, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Scott Parker, Owen Hargreaves, to name off the top of my head, were all established at a higher level and bossing games at that age.

Any likeness to the one dimensional Jordan Henderson and we need to cash in and get rid before he is sussed out....

3 minutes ago, europia said:

Any likeness to the one dimensional Jordan Henderson and we need to cash in and get rid before he is sussed out....

you mean the geezer who is potentially lifting the Premier League winners trophy in May?

Yeah, totally sussed out.

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you mean the geezer who is potentially lifting the Premier League winners trophy in May?

Yeah, totally sussed out.

Not that I totally disagree with your overall point but one of the most one dimensional players the Premier League has seen lifted the trophy last May.

I can only see William in one other football jersey...the red and white of Arsenal. Will is a rare phenomenon. I keep reading how people say "he's a bit lightweight...". Well he most certainly isn't; He is a class tackler. He also has a very rare 360 degree vision. Some players are 90 degree...others 180 degree. William is 360 degrees...he sees acute angles and can disguise a pass to thread it through.

£15m is the very least. I would see him being sold for £18m + add ons. I believe WH will be a future international so Derby, when/if they ever sll him, need to future-proof the deal very well.

That said, I never want him to leave. Actually Bryson is my favourite player but in Bryso and Hughes we have 2 very unique and top midfielders. In combination they are lethal together...like the engine (Bryso) and gear box (Hughes) of the team. When they play together in the right position, (Hughes advanced, Bryso just behind) it is like seeing 2 hand-crafted, precision instruments, accurate to 1000th of a mm, amongst a biscuit tin of roughly-hewn machined parts (the rest), some of which do not work properly.  Already, in a couple of weeks, we can see the impact of a proper football coach on William (Mac) compared with the same player under the PE Teacher (Pearson). I rest my case M'laud. :o    

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

how many of them could play cdm cm and cam at 21?

Archived