Will Hughes - Where will the future take him?

RamsPolls

There has been a lot of talk about Hughes in the paper and in the pundits worlds these past few days. Even Don Goodman commentating over the game on Saturday said that we were lucky to have kept hold of Hughes for so long. That pass to assist Bent's goal on Saturday was simply world class and is rarely seen in this league.

I think if he hadn't of got injured in the first game at Bolton last season, he could have been playing in the premier league this season, Whether it was with us or not.

The most recent question of his future is because he has been called the "Mesut Ozil" of the championship. In my eyes this is the biggest compliment you could possibly get as an attacking midfielder. 

Link - http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/see-which-derby-county-player-has-been-compared-with-arsenal-star-mesut-ozil/story-29874203-detail/story.html?

We all know that Hughes has great talent, but if we are honest, has he shown a consistent level of his "Magic" over a whole season? I don't think he has. If he does manage to shine through a whole season, We could struggle to keep him on our books if we don't get promoted. 

While I am confident he isn't going anywhere as of yet, I do think that he could be seen as a huge talent to a club like Everton & Southampton who love to bring young players through their academies and introduce them to the premier league. 

I am unsure of to how much a club would realistically have to pay to acquire the services of Hughes. I wouldn't be happy with any figure shy of £15m. I'm not sure if this is me been bias to a Derby player but I wouldn't think the club would accept anything under that for such a huge potential player.

If Hughes were to leave... What club do you think could come in for him? and what sort of fee would you want to be involved? 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

He needs to be getting more goals and his price could sky rocket. I think Everton could be a good fit koeman would get the best from him but hope he stays and gets us to the promised land .

I've bleated on about it many times that if he's bagged more goals he'd be long gone.  If he'd stuck away between 5-10 goals the first time Schteve came back he'd probably be in a top 6 stating XI by now.  

If we can get £10m for Hendrick you'd expect at least double for Will 

9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I've bleated on about it many times that if he's bagged more goals he'd be long gone.  If he'd stuck away between 5-10 goals the first time Schteve came back he'd probably be in a top 6 stating XI by now.  

If we can get £10m for Hendrick you'd expect at least double for Will 

Exactly, Wouldn't want anything less for the potential he has.

If we don't go up within the next 2/3 seasons then he won't be with us for much longer i'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

He kind of reminds me of Adam Lallana who has been prospering under Klopp, so that may not be a bad shout.

Hughes needs to improve on his pace if he would want to play for a Klopp team. 

Not fast enough over 5 yards to close an opponent down for me.

2 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

If he carries on in this vein then next summer could be the time when somebody finally snaps him up, it only took a half decent Euro's to get Hendrick his move.

i hope he makes the right move if he does go and not ruin his career like Huddlestone did.

To be fair to Huddlestone, he had a fairly good spell at Spurs. Just riddled with injury and decided to move on from there because he had been replaced. Don't think he ruined his career.

44 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Exactly, Wouldn't want anything less for the potential he has.

If we don't go up within the next 2/3 seasons then he won't be with us for much longer i'm afraid.

don't think he will wait that long

wouldn't surprise me if he goes in January and is lent back to us for the rest of the season

sitting on the sidelines hoping for the serious injury to mend would have given he plenty of time to consider that as a professional footballer you need to cash in on your skills asap

55 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Hughes needs to improve on his pace if he would want to play for a Klopp team. 

Not fast enough over 5 yards to close an opponent down for me.

That's the one thing you can't improve on - pace. You are either born with it or not . But for the type of player he is he doesn't need to be faster. 

If he has a good season and we don't go up then he should go for his own good. 

Archived