sage

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/7/2016 at 07:34, ramsbottom said:

Sir Ranulph Fiennes

Sir David Attenborough 

Kelly Brook

Ranulph Fiennes is guest speaker at our yearly piss up/corporate get together this Friday afternoon. Shame I'll miss that, not going up til later.

Was going to ask him if he still uses his left hand at night, so it feels like someone else is doing it.

Sir Richard Burton for me - Victorian explorer, geographer, translator, writer, soldier, orientalist, cartographer, diplomat. He taught himself to speak fluently 29 European, African and Asian languages. He translated the Kama Sutra and the Arabian Nights. Once while searching for the Nile with Speke he was attacked by Somalis and escaped with a spear through his cheeks, walked miles to a British camp holding the spear in place so he wouldn't bleed to death. Google him. Quite a bloke. I'm his age when he died and can only dream about the places he went and the things he did. 

23 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Sir Richard Burton for me - Victorian explorer, geographer, translator, writer, soldier, orientalist, cartographer, diplomat. He taught himself to speak fluently 29 European, African and Asian languages. He translated the Kama Sutra and the Arabian Nights. Once while searching for the Nile with Speke he was attacked by Somalis and escaped with a spear through his cheeks, walked miles to a British camp holding the spear in place so he wouldn't bleed to death. Google him. Quite a bloke. I'm his age when he died and can only dream about the places he went and the things he did. 

So your greatest living Englishman is dead?

Archived