The 'new' Tom Ince

Fraser_23

Intresting post match interview on sky saying that he needs a manager who has faith in him ( not Pearson then) 

ince can be frustrating but he can win games so you stick with him and you may need to carry him in games which you can do if it is just one player we couldn't carry him and lingard in the same team

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Charlie G said:

There are certain forward players who are not cut out to track back , make tackles and Ince is one of them. Let him do what hes good at, admittedly he will frustrate at times but if I'm honest I'd rather have him in our team than the other way round.

Leaving him up the field when we concede corners is a plus so well done Mac 

I saw him run back about 50 yards to cover and make a vital tackle as the winger cut inside...so nothing wrong with his endeavour. He also slammed into someone and left them prone on the centre circle so he's not the lazy lightweight he is described as. 

Granted, he did hang a leg out for the not-given penalty though. Seriously. who would be a ref?? Seen them about 10 times each and still think both penalty decisions are debatable either way.

On 05/11/2016 at 19:35, coneheadjohn said:

I'm sure he said in the post match interview that he'd not been performing all season but that now he had a manager who believed in him he was starting to play to his potential?Or words to that effect.

Liked that dig at Pearson 

Think the 'Ince doesn't track back' thing is a myth, I think he does track back, just with less enthusiasm than the likes of Russell, Weimann, Anya and Jamie Ward do/did.

He's an intelligent player, his game isn't expending unnecessary energy sprinting back to get a round of applause of the North Stand, it's getting into a decent position for us to counter attack effectively and trusting the defence to do their job.

But when he does need to be tracking back, he will track back and defend. He's not neccesarily the best at it, but I've seen plenty of games where he's got himself back and helped out the defence.

3 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I think he tracks back plenty, in fact I noticed his defensive work quite a lot yesterday and it was one of the many reasons he was award MOTM. 

Really struck me how well he spoke in the post-match interview, thought he came across as extremely intelligent (as did our Will).

Is this a thinly veiled comment re Keoghs post match 'like a said' interviews? :D

Just now, Howard Canitbé said:

Haha nope, it's just nice to hear articulate people in relation to football. Poor old Keezy, always got a "like a said" in him :thumbsup:

Poor fella.... I know there's been a thread commenting on his interviewee prowess...... I always think 'does he not play them back and think hmmmm could improve on that!' 

Archived