The 'new' Tom Ince

Fraser_23

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nottingram said:

He's the same Tom Ince we've always had. He's just finally being managed properly.

See also: the rest of our squad

Yep, this.  You've got a forward holding the ball up and pulling defenders around, and you've got midfield runners getting close to him.  He's not pinned out on the touchline with no support within 30 yards (like Clement had), or dealing with 60 yard punts up to his head (like Pearson had).

Do you mean the old Tom Ince?

The one that's given the freedom to attack?

We should always judge the attackers ability to attack and the defenders ability to defend. Some Derby fans forget that.

There are certain forward players who are not cut out to track back , make tackles and Ince is one of them. Let him do what hes good at, admittedly he will frustrate at times but if I'm honest I'd rather have him in our team than the other way round.

Leaving him up the field when we concede corners is a plus so well done Mac 

25 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

There are certain forward players who are not cut out to track back , make tackles and Ince is one of them. Let him do what hes good at, admittedly he will frustrate at times but if I'm honest I'd rather have him in our team than the other way round.

Leaving him up the field when we concede corners is a plus so well done Mac 

To be fair to him i thought he tracked back pretty well today, he made an effort to close down and get back to help out at the back. Agree defending isnt the best part of his game but the effort to get back was there i think when he's on it he is class

11 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

To be fair to him i thought he tracked back pretty well today, he made an effort to close down and get back to help out at the back. Agree defending isnt the best part of his game but the effort to get back was there i think when he's on it he is class

I agree , however I think he new that Hanson needed protection and tried to double up when he could so well done to him for that. Having said that the point im trying to make is he needs the freedom of the pitch for him to really shine and Mac knows this. 

Just hope Christie isn't to badly injured cause that partnership was just starting to take off.

1 minute ago, Charlie G said:

I agree , however I think he new that Hanson needed protection and tried to double up when he could so well done to him for that. Having said that the point im trying to make is he needs the freedom of the pitch for him to really shine and Mac knows this. 

Just hope Christie isn't to badly injured cause that partnership was just starting to take off.

Agree Christie is a massive loss we have nobody to replace him. On the other side fozzy was a loss but lowe is more than capable we just need a suitable back up for cyrus 

Archived