Our best three players?

JoeDerby

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 3 - 

Will Hughes - when on his game he is a wonder to watch and can create some magic moments.

George Thorne - Obviously when fit, He can dictate a game and control the whole team. Can pick a pass through the eye of a needle also. 

Scott Carson - No better at this level than him. I know people probably don't agree but he is defiantly one of the best in the league and probably the best keeper we have had since Poom. Makes unbelievable saves and could easily be playing in the premier league without question.

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Top 3 - 

Will Hughes - when on his game he is a wonder to watch and can create some magic moments.

George Thorne - Obviously when fit, He can dictate a game and control the whole team. Can pick a pass through the eye of a needle also. 

Scott Carson - No better at this level than him. I know people probably don't agree but he is defiantly one of the best in the league and probably the best keeper we have had since Poom. Makes unbelievable saves and could easily be playing in the premier league without question.

100% agree with your first two. The third one is where I've been having a bit of difficult because I'm not sure there is another stand out candidate. Martin would probably taken the third spot for me at the start of the season but as he is at fulham I probably shouldn't include him. Carson is definitely a good shout but I think a case can be made for Keogh, Butterfield, Bryson, Ince and Forsyth as well. Hell with his recent form, perhaps even Pearce is in contention.

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

100% agree with your first two. The third one is where I've been having a bit of difficult because I'm not sure there is another stand out candidate. Martin would probably taken the third spot for me at the start of the season but as he is at fulham I probably shouldn't include him. Carson is definitely a good shout but I think a case can be made for Keogh, Butterfield, Bryson, Ince and Forsyth as well. Hell with his recent form, perhaps even Pearce is in contention.

I see what you mean. Carson for me is a consistent performer week in week out and rarely drops the *******. That's why I went with him in the 3rd spot as every other player doesn't have the same consistency. As good as Keogh has been this year, he does have the odd spell where he performs poorly but Carson doesn't have them spells.

That's why I went with him! 

And of course Martin would have taken up that spot! But for now he isn't a Derby County player ;) 

1. Will Hughes - absolutely class on his day

These two make my top three from their performances against Wednesday reminding me what they are capable of.

2. Tom Ince - Was back to his old self, skinning his man down the wing and causing problems

3. Cyrus Christie - Full of energy going forward, helping Ince create problems down the oppositions left hand side and an overall good right back at this level

If George Thorne was fit I'd pick him No. 2 over Ince

14 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Well this is an interesting trio... 

Could you elaborate as to why you think this?

I realize they won't be most people's choices but they are mine. 

I wanted to chose Vydra and Thorne and Carson but can only have 3 .

I don't think we have one. They are all pretty much of a muchness. Hughes maybe, but doesn't score anywhere near enough and often goes missing in games. Thorne how can you be the best player when you don't play. Ince, one good game in 10 if you're lucky.

someone really needs to step up to be our best current player. 

(I am usually positive by the way) 

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Glad you cleared that up

Archived