Blackman out for 6 weeks

richinspain

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37858284

Nick Blackman: Derby County striker out for six weeks with knee injury

Nick Blackman has scored once in nine appearances this season

Derby County striker Nick Blackman has been ruled out for six weeks after undergoing knee surgery.

The 26-year-old, who joined from Reading in January, has missed the Rams' last four Championship games.

Derby are the joint-lowest scorers in the English Football League, with just nine goals in 15 matches.

"Nick has been in and out of training in the last few weeks with his knee," manager Steve McClaren told the club website.

"He finally had to go and see a surgeon and he had surgery, unfortunately, to tidy up the knee.

"If he does everything right and things go smoothly, he will be back in six weeks."

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is not having a great time at derby and I tend to think his time here will be short.

I do feel for him and would be delighted if he came good. I actually feel bad that this news doesn't bother me in the same way as one of our more key players being out for a long period.

Let's hope he comes back and proves those of us that doubt him wrong.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

One of those who I really want to come good.

Not going to happen is it?

Nope. He's a dreadfully average player. Fook knows how he managed to score 1 goal for Reading never mind 11 (was it). He's no doubt enjoying his contract and who can blame him.

Archived