Offside trap

FindernRam

Is there any stats person who can tell me how often in open play we catch the opposition offside.

We are often caught out by high line defenders and Darren Bent in particular loves to play on the shoulder so is frequently caught.

Watching Derby is strange. I feel we often play too deep anyway but I noticed recently that even if we do get to a high line as soon as the opposition get the ball even around their own 18 yd line,  our CBs start frantically backpedalling to our own box. This results in conceding a lot of midfield meaning any challenges are in our danger zones, but worse the opposition have a head of stem up so our tackles if they happen at all are desperate.

I know we concede relatively few goals but it does seem a dodgy way to play.

If we count cup games, this season we have kept 8 clean sheets.

For what many consider to be our worst start EVER, 8 clean sheets isn't bad and would suggest the way we defend isn't too shabby.

Okay, maybe we were lucky not to concede on Saturday but these things happen.

Imagine how we will look when the strikers start finding the net.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we count cup games, this season we have kept 8 clean sheets.

For what many consider to be our worst start EVER, 8 clean sheets isn't bad and would suggest the way we defend isn't too shabby.

Okay, maybe we were lucky not to concede on Saturday but these things happen.

Imagine how we will look when the strikers start finding the net.

Agreed, look at the start of last season with all the deflected goals we conceded. Swings and roundabouts.

18 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Being offside doesn't mean the defence have done their job, it means the attack aren't doing their job properly.

I mean, look at that corner we were offside for on Saturday, IMO that sort of thing should never happen.

Wasn't offside... The ball was passed and stopped and crossed in from a new angle, for the corner take to be offside the person he passed it to had to have passed it forwards. He didn't. I was bemused by that decision.

18 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Is there any stats person who can tell me how often in open play we catch the opposition offside.

We are often caught out by high line defenders and Darren Bent in particular loves to play on the shoulder so is frequently caught.

Watching Derby is strange. I feel we often play too deep anyway but I noticed recently that even if we do get to a high line as soon as the opposition get the ball even around their own 18 yd line,  our CBs start frantically backpedalling to our own box. This results in conceding a lot of midfield meaning any challenges are in our danger zones, but worse the opposition have a head of stem up so our tackles if they happen at all are desperate.

I know we concede relatively few goals but it does seem a dodgy way to play.

good point  i agree with all that we dont seem to come out early enough and dont get many offsides

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Wasn't offside... The ball was passed and stopped and crossed in from a new angle, for the corner take to be offside the person he passed it to had to have passed it forwards. He didn't. I was bemused by that decision.

You are incorrect. 

Just now, jimbo jones said:

I like a guy who tells you, you are wrong, and then gives you the full reason why to give you a better understanding...

IMG_0004.PNGDamn you..... I was playing the slow game....... ?