Walking Dead

Chester40

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

It was a strange episode, just like the one earlier in the series with the Lion.. I will keep going, I am just hoping Carl gets bitten soon.:whistle:

Pleased I'm not the only one that wants Carl to be killed off asap - in fact he can take most of them with him.....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

It was a strange episode, just like the one earlier in the series with the Lion.. I will keep going, I am just hoping Carl gets bitten soon.:whistle:

Yes, I wasn't sure why Negan wanted Rick to take Carl's arm off, the hair would have been more than adequate.

I am still enjoying TWD but I wonder how much of my enjoyment is based around the fact I watch it with my boy and we make it something we look forward to.  My biggest criticism at the moment is that there are too many groups - you go weeks without seeing major characters.

Someone at work the other day said 'I think they needed to do this episode' when he was giving reasons why he thought it was crap, I thought that was potentially the most pretentious thing I had heard about a TV programme.

ps We love Carl here.

14 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

......ps We love Carl here.

I was disappointed when Negan wussed out over his arm - I was hoping it was the start of a trend and that they'd gradually chop extra bits off each episode (similar to Python's Black Knight) - start with the arm, then an ear, then a foot etc...hours of fun :)

On 11/29/2016 at 19:43, Mostyn6 said:

they're just exploiting a fan base now. Good programmes need to know when to stop.

I won't lie, I loved the first few seasons. But I cannot be arsed now.

Fair enough if you've had your fill, but I think it's worth bearing in mind the show is based on the comic, and the comic is still going strong (i.e. there's plenty of demand for both).

Finishing now would be like finishing Game of Thrones at book 5, or concluding Lord of The Rings halfway through the second film - it'd leave the fans pretty dissatisfied. Most will want to see it reach the same narrative conclusion as the comics (myself included). 

31 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Finishing now would be like finishing Game of Thrones at book 5, or concluding Lord of The Rings halfway through the second film

well, never watched/read GOT and LOTR is a bit juvenile for me, did watch a couple of DVDs though.

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

well, never watched/read GOT and LOTR is a bit juvenile for me, did watch a couple of DVDs though.

Bad examples! I guess the point I'm making is if something's being adapted from another piece of fiction, then naturally you'd want it to reflect the full narrative arc of it's source material. That's part the thrill right? Seeing it coming to life from start to finish.

I started to stop enjoying TWD towards the end of Season 1 and didn't watch much of Season 2. I got back into this season to watch Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Steven Ogg but wow has it been dreadful. Some of the worst television I've ever watched, the first episode being an exception.

Archived