Walking Dead

Chester40

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 1 fantastic, went downhill quickly after that.

Basically the first and last episodes tend to be great, the rest in the middle are slow, tedious and can be very boring.

The over hype train is very real although it's more watchable than say Game of Thrones.

I thought it was brutal and overly so.

The plot is going down a familiar route of being taken prisoner by a larger group with an insane leader. I've loved watching it but can feel I'm only watching it now as it's too late to dip out of it. 

At some point they will think about driving to the coast and colonising an island. 

Must admit that I wasn't really bothered about who got killed in the latest episode - Daryl's about the only one worth watching and now it looks as if he's either been written out or is going to be missing for big chunks of this season. Was quite hoping they'd finally get shot of Carl, but I suppose I can watch the rest of the episodes in hope that his time will come....

Glenn's boggle eye was indeed grim, but I'm still coming to terms with the scene a few series back when the group of nutters were sitting round the camp fire eating Bob's leg - now that was bad.....

It's more about the human interaction. Survival of the fittest v Working together as a team. These plotlines are great although sometimes it seems as though they occasionally have to turn around say "Excuse me a moment..." then have to stab a zombie lol

I was pretty disappointed in the opening episode of this season, it was shockingly gory, to the point it crosses the line between enterntainment to pure shock value. Like Sage, I have enjoyed watching it for the most part and will contine on but it does get a bit tiresome at times.

It's hard work watching it. I enjoy it, but it's harrowing. The last episode was like if the red wedding lasted a whole hour. 

I can't believe I binge watched the first three episodes now. I think if I tried to siendo a whole week watching episodes like that, is need counselling. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Anyone watched the last episode "swear"? I am considering dropping this show now, what was that? Losing its way big time at the moment.

It was utter garbage - I can only think it's going to be part of the story later on as there was almost no point to it otherwise. Whole thing needs to step up dramatically if I'm going to get to the end of the series.....

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

It was utter garbage - I can only think it's going to be part of the story later on as there was almost no point to it otherwise. Whole thing needs to step up dramatically if I'm going to get to the end of the series.....

Half the problem at the moment (though I understand the plot is determined heavily on the comics) is the lack of character development. Most of the familiar characters are now dead (who we went on abit of a journey with), we have a few new characters but I have either not warmed to them or there isn't much depth to their story. A full episode on Tara was mind numbing, her acting I don't rate either.

Each episode this series has been in a different area/setting so there is no thread running through it. Think we're obviously being set up to link all the groups together to take on Negan but doesn't work if you lose half of your punters before you get to the punchline.

17 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Half the problem at the moment (though I understand the plot is determined heavily on the comics) is the lack of character development. Most of the familiar characters are now dead (who we went on abit of a journey with), we have a few new characters but I have either not warmed to them or there isn't much depth to their story. A full episode on Tara was mind numbing, her acting I don't rate either.

Each episode this series has been in a different area/setting so there is no thread running through it. Think we're obviously being set up to link all the groups together to take on Negan but doesn't work if you lose half of your punters before you get to the punchline.

It was a strange episode, just like the one earlier in the series with the Lion.. I will keep going, I am just hoping Carl gets bitten soon.:whistle:

Archived