Pearce

Sith Happens

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Gets better and better, and not just because he scored. Cannot see shackell getting the shirt back.

He shouldn't on current form unless Pearce or Keogh get injured.

They are comfortable enough at this level, give them less to do with some controlling possession play in front of them, they will look even more solid.

Decent pairing and I'm vastly warming to Pearce having been unsure, purely because he couldn't get in the team, makes you wonder why, although defence hasn't been the biggest worry for some time now.

He's been absolute excellent since he came in, but let's not forget how excellent Shackell was before he got injured. The defence has been very good for a while now and we should be very pleased to have 3 top drawer centre backs at the club, much better than mcclarens first tenure when we had Forsyth in there!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Our whole backline was all over the place several times today and they failed to punish us. We need to judge our defenders on their defending over 90 minutes and not just when there is minimal pressure. The amount of goals we are conceding isn't a reflection of our defending. Carson has saved the defenders a fair few times now too. One game we don't concede late on and people have already forgotten previous matches? I don't expect us to begin to concede less than we have so far this season. But I can see us seeing games out and limiting sloppy defending over the rest. 

43 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Our whole backline was all over the place several times today and they failed to punish us. We need to judge our defenders on their defending over 90 minutes and not just when there is minimal pressure. The amount of goals we are conceding isn't a reflection of our defending. Carson has saved the defenders a fair few times now too. One game we don't concede late on and people have already forgotten previous matches? I don't expect us to begin to concede less than we have so far this season. But I can see us seeing games out and limiting sloppy defending over the rest. 

I reckon people are probably judging us on having one of the best defensive records in the division over a quarter of the season.

And don't mark us down because the keeper has made a few saves because after all that is his job and there have been a few goals this season which he probably could have prevented, so its swings and roundabouts 

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I reckon people are probably judging us on having one of the best defensive records in the division over a quarter of the season.

And don't mark us down because the keeper has made a few saves because after all that is his job and there have been a few goals this season which he probably could have prevented, so its swings and roundabouts 

Where did I say we didn't? Read my post again if you like and stop being so offended at balanced opinions. Simply put we haven't conceded as many as we should have. Our defense is not as solid as people are making out and we saw that today. The scoreline flatters us. I think it will improve but we will still be conceding as few as we are, but they won't be from sloppy defending or throwing points away in the final minutes. Why don't you appreciate the saves Carson has made this season? The people where I sit are in agreement. Carson has made numerous saves this season none of us expected him to. There are always positives and negatives. The swings and roundabouts in relation to this, is that as our defending improves, we will still be conceding the same amount as we are now. 

Archived