Jump to content

Brentford last night...


IlsonDerby
 Share

Recommended Posts

played how I wish Derby will get back to playing. 

Stretched QPR all over the place by quick passing and then spreading the ball to one of the wide men. 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but they played with 1 forward (hogan) and 2 wide players with a flat back four. That's exactly how we set up. 

Hogan isn't a tall hold it up player like Vydra isn't. They were. Lever enough to use the space created by the runs of Hogan to move up the field instead of firing it into target man to hold up. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Tombo said:

If Brentford are proving it can be done, then have heart, they don't have anything we don't. We've got the playing talent, the coaching talent, the money, the vision and everything made for us.

We just need time to adapt. 

I am still to be convinced personally that it might not be the heart bit that we are missing. How much adaption time do you think Mac should be given Tombo, and how much do you think he will get?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately the players we have don't have the heart or the desire/ability to adapt. Too many of them are happy earning the money they do and know they don't have the ability to make the step up to the next level. They think they know their own games best and collectively aren't buying into the need to change or adapt. We will only move on when we move out the significant chunk of deadwood we are carrying and bring in some hungrier new young players with potential to develop. Will take at least 18 months IMO and possibly longer but is the only way we can move forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I am still to be convinced personally that it might not be the heart bit that we are missing. How much adaption time do you think Mac should be given Tombo, and how much do you think he will get?

I'm giving it until the next international break before I start moaning. If the performance today isn't up to much I'll have a moan today too.

There does seem something missing from the team. Whether that is team spirit or George Thorne I'm not sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

If Brentford are proving it can be done, they have heart, they don't have anything we don't. We've got the playing talent, the coaching talent, the money, the vision and everything made for us.

We just need time to adapt. 

Perhaps thats where our problem is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Unfortunately the players we have don't have the heart or the desire/ability to adapt. Too many of them are happy earning the money they do and know they don't have the ability to make the step up to the next level. They think they know their own games best and collectively aren't buying into the need to change or adapt. We will only move on when we move out the significant chunk of deadwood we are carrying and bring in some hungrier new young players with potential to develop. Will take at least 18 months IMO and possibly longer but is the only way we can move forward.

One of the best summaries of our current plight that I've read on here recently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Unfortunately the players we have don't have the heart or the desire/ability to adapt. Too many of them are happy earning the money they do and know they don't have the ability to make the step up to the next level. They think they know their own games best and collectively aren't buying into the need to change or adapt. We will only move on when we move out the significant chunk of deadwood we are carrying and bring in some hungrier new young players with potential to develop. Will take at least 18 months IMO and possibly longer but is the only way we can move forward.

Patience is a virtue..... but itchy trigger finger at the helm doesn't help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Patience is a virtue..... but itchy trigger finger at the helm doesn't help. 

Explain why "itchy trigger finger"?

McLaren - wanted to go to Newcastle, we are told, and it's where he ended up. I'll believe that one.

Clement - turgid football. No desire to go forward and attack. Not everyone wanted him gone but I see why some did. 50/50.

Wassall. Interim manager. Hounded out by our "fans". Never was guaranteed a permanent position. Can't say itchy finger here.

Pearson. Left by mutual consent. All parties happy to walk away. Hardly itchy trigger fingers again.

Powell. Interim. No surprise he was for a few games.

Mac again.  Clearly prepared to work for Mel still despite your accusations of itchy trigger finger boss. 

So - explain itchy trigger finger please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cool As Custard said:

Unfortunately the players we have don't have the heart or the desire/ability to adapt. Too many of them are happy earning the money they do and know they don't have the ability to make the step up to the next level. They think they know their own games best and collectively aren't buying into the need to change or adapt. We will only move on when we move out the significant chunk of deadwood we are carrying and bring in some hungrier new young players with potential to develop. Will take at least 18 months IMO and possibly longer but is the only way we can move forward.

I can't go with this happy to sit back and earn their money. No professional athlete is content with losing no matter what they're paid. A bit less annoyed at sitting on the bench? Perhaps but not happy to play poorly and lose. It isn't in athletes natures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Explain why "itchy trigger finger"?

McLaren - wanted to go to Newcastle, we are told, and it's where he ended up. I'll believe that one.

Clement - turgid football. No desire to go forward and attack. Not everyone wanted him gone but I see why some did. 50/50.

Wassall. Interim manager. Hounded out by our "fans". Never was guaranteed a permanent position. Can't say itchy finger here.

Pearson. Left by mutual consent. All parties happy to walk away. Hardly itchy trigger fingers again.

Powell. Interim. No surprise he was for a few games.

Mac again.  Clearly prepared to work for Mel still despite your accusations of itchy trigger finger boss. 

So - explain itchy trigger finger please?

5 managers in 18 months right there. I'll await another mod to come with it all the next time I say it just to make sure your all singing from same hymn sheet. I'll believe what I'll believe until I get proved (and hope) I'm spectacularly wrong. Where I'll admit that I am.

Feel free to bash me folks, I'm broad chested and I am reasonable. You may disagree, you may agree. I just want a stable fairly successfully  football club with integrity. Who have players who want to play and not hide. A club which doesn't rely on gimmicks, a club that has not put itself in a bubble from others. A club who doesn't treat the local media as "them" vs "us".

A club that can accept criticism of a certain level without the need for threats etc.

Just want to feel part of Derby County once again. I feel detached.

Regards Andy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

5 managers in 18 months right there. I'll await another mod to come with it all the next time I say it just to make sure your all singing from same hymn sheet. I'll believe what I'll believe until I get proved (and hope) I'm spectacularly wrong. Where I'll admit that I am.

Feel free to bash me folks, I'm broad chested and I am reasonable. You may disagree, you may agree. I just want a stable fairly successfully  football club with integrity. Who have players who want to play and not hide. A club which doesn't rely on gimmicks, a club that has not put itself in a bubble from others. A club who doesn't treat the local media as "them" vs "us".

A club that can accept criticism of a certain level without the need for threats etc.

Just want to feel part of Derby County once again. I feel detached.

Regards Andy

5 managers all listed. Do you disagree with my description? None of the departures are really unexplained, are they?

Some of the rubbish that you post about it just sounds like you're talking down the club. Why do you want to sound like that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

5 managers all listed. Do you disagree with my description? None of the departures are really unexplained, are they?

Some of the rubbish that you post about it just sounds like you're talking down the club. Why do you want to sound like that?

Disagree with Clement and Wassall inparticularly. 

DO YOU really think I'm talking down the club? I love it...... I just feel so detactched from it.

Up to you whether you believe I post/talk rubbish or not. Like it's up to me the rubbish you believe concerning all the activities of the board/club. 

I don't feel I'm talking down about the club at all..... like I've posted just above..... where do you disagree with me on what I believe the club should be? 

Its hardly rubbish being posted is it? Unless you want to believe exactly everything the football club comes out with. I will praise when they get something right, I will be critical when things for which I believe are wrong. Black and white from me..... simple and honest. I maybe proven to be mistaken, so be it. I will hold my hands in air admit it. It's a shame the majority wouldn't if they are mistaken.....

Kind Regards 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

5 managers in 18 months right there. I'll await another mod to come with it all the next time I say it just to make sure your all singing from same hymn sheet. I'll believe what I'll believe until I get proved (and hope) I'm spectacularly wrong. Where I'll admit that I am.

Feel free to bash me folks, I'm broad chested and I am reasonable. You may disagree, you may agree. I just want a stable fairly successfully  football club with integrity. Who have players who want to play and not hide. A club which doesn't rely on gimmicks, a club that has not put itself in a bubble from others. A club who doesn't treat the local media as "them" vs "us".

A club that can accept criticism of a certain level without the need for threats etc.

Just want to feel part of Derby County once again. I feel detached.

Regards Andy

That part in bold is not fair Andy.

Whilst I agree to a point with you saying how quickly some managers have been replaced, to include Powell and Wassall to call Mel is unfair, both were temporary managers and were not really expected to be the manager long term, Wassall maybe had a shot of it but there were too many loud voices from the fan base against him.

Pearson was the wrong appointment from the start if we were to build on the team that has just had top 8 finishes in the last 3 seasons and I prefer that he has gone now than in another 3 months when we are further in trouble and just wasted another transfer window moving further away from where we were.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

That part in bold is not fair Andy.

Whilst I agree to a point with you saying how quickly some managers have been replaced, to include Powell and Wassall to call Mel is unfair, both were temporary managers and were not really expected to be the manager long term, Wassall maybe had a shot of it but there were too many loud voices from the fan base against him.

Pearson was the wrong appointment from the start if we were to build on the team that has just had top 8 finishes in the last 3 seasons and I prefer that he has gone now than in another 3 months when we are further in trouble and just wasted another transfer window moving further away from where we were.

Apologies mate..... was a tad rapid fire there. Itchy trigger finger of you will. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cool As Custard said:

Unfortunately the players we have don't have the heart or the desire/ability to adapt. Too many of them are happy earning the money they do and know they don't have the ability to make the step up to the next level. They think they know their own games best and collectively aren't buying into the need to change or adapt. We will only move on when we move out the significant chunk of deadwood we are carrying and bring in some hungrier new young players with potential to develop. Will take at least 18 months IMO and possibly longer but is the only way we can move forward.

Not everyone wants to hear it, but your assessment is correct in my opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.