Jump to content

West Ham


Sith Happens
 Share

Recommended Posts

Their shiny new freebie is bring treated well I see.

Hope the tax payer isn't picking up the bill this time.

Maybe if they wreck this one we can build them a new one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

My mate is a West Ham fan, and he thinks half the West Ham fans are retarded knukle dragging ******, and moving to Wembley is a massive mistake - well at least one of them is sane.

Hmmm. Must be thick if he is watching them at Wembley.

Just for the record, I know some absolutely top geezers that are West Ham.. Will do anything for you, hard as nails, yes but decent people.. Easterners are a difficult breed but once you know them they are the proverbial salt of the earth.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Hmmm. Must be thick if he is watching them at Wembley.

Just for the record, I know some absolutely top geezers that are West Ham.. Will do anything for you, hard as nails, yes but decent people.. Easterners are a difficult breed but once you know them they are the proverbial salt of the earth.

 

Ditto with Millwall  fans great mates bad enemies . A load of em came up to my place I took them round Notts on a  Friday night never again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Ditto with Millwall  fans great mates bad enemies . A load of em came up to my place I took them round Notts on a  Friday night never again.

I'm sorry. Got to stop you there. As a south east londener I know plenty of hammers, Charlton and palace fans that are "salt of the earth", but I'm yet to meet a Millwall fan that isn't pond life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I'm sorry. Got to stop you there. As a south east londener I know plenty of hammers, Charlton and palace fans that are "salt of the earth", but I'm yet to meet a Millwall fan that isn't pond life. 

I guess it's the circumstances you meet them under ,the Millwall fans was on a work related course ,My experiences of West Ham fans was outside Wembley in 1975 and on Derby station ,didn't think much of them then but I am sure there must be some good ones .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I guess it's the circumstances you meet them under ,the Millwall fans was on a work related course ,My experiences of West Ham fans was outside Wembley in 1975 and on Derby station ,didn't think much of them then but I am sure there must be some good ones .

Ah Wembley 75.. Now we are talking.. Carnage, two top mobs, toe to toe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Analysis - The Myth of Mobs

There's some interesting stuff about "enlightened" policing of football in this.

Anyway, West Ham......it's not working well at the olymipc stadium is it? I'm sure there's a mixture of things going on, not helped by the team being pi$$ poor, some thinking they can get away with things, some fed up about the new seating...

My guess is it'll settle down over the next season or two, but, yes, shouldn't be happening.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Mark my words this will just be the start of it. They'll soon move on to bouncing up and down in the concourses and flinging beer everywhere. You watch!!!

Owing to the alcohol ban it will have to be diet coke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Analysis - The Myth of Mobs

There's some interesting stuff about "enlightened" policing of football in this.

Anyway, West Ham......it's not working well at the olymipc stadium is it? I'm sure there's a mixture of things going on, not helped by the team being pi$$ poor, some thinking they can get away with things, some fed up about the new seating...

My guess is it'll settle down over the next season or two, but, yes, shouldn't be happening.

 

Was having a few beers with a couple of Hammers last weekend pre Hampden.

They are not enjoying the new home at all. The problem seems to be the hassle getting to and away from the stadium. They used to have a few beers pre and after the game at Upton Park and let the crowds die down, but they said there's nothing at Stratford. 

Everyone is heading in the same direction and it takes ages to get away. Its really putting people off. Aparently they are opening a new station, which should help, but the lack of a community spirit around the place is annoying the old Boleyn faithful. 

As you say, give it a few seasons and it will settle down, but the club will look very different.

Lets face it, Gold and Sullivan are building up the brand for a foreign buyer and make their £££££'s from the sale 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Was having a few beers with a couple of Hammers last weekend pre Hampden.

They are not enjoying the new home at all. The problem seems to be the hassle getting to and away from the stadium. They used to have a few beers pre and after the game at Upton Park and let the crowds die down, but they said there's nothing at Stratford. 

Everyone is heading in the same direction and it takes ages to get away. Its really putting people off. Aparently they are opening a new station, which should help, but the lack of a community spirit around the place is annoying the old Boleyn faithful. 

As you say, give it a few seasons and it will settle down, but the club will look very different.

Lets face it, Gold and Sullivan are building up the brand for a foreign buyer and make their £££££'s from the sale 

 

Most of em do hate it..

They did not plan the seating areas too well, ie family areas etc.. Lots like to stand and they need to find an area with like minded people. Access is a balls ache, absolutely nothing there.. Westfields, no proper pubs, no identity at the moment.

we loved the BBG, they loved Upton Park, they will struggle to love the London Stadium...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They should chuck the book at Brady and their joint chair - they've  have had three  / four years to plan a football ground  - what have they been doing?

Big enough stadium - what don't they understand about crowds and segregation - and which train station they come from!!

Looking at the pictures  - it was like just back to 70s/80s - gone back forty years

Slap a closed ground on the f@@kers  - and fine em...they have got a brilliant stadium on the cheap...teach them a lesson.

And if they have to cut out 5000 people  - to segregate  - so be it. To keep people safe

 

ps its not rocket science to plan segregated areas and they have had so long to think about it  (loud singing / boisterous area) - family area - disabled - seaters - standers - and away supporters  - rant over!!!!

Just wanted to bang in 50000 plus paying supporters - no thought  - just the £ talking

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Most of em do hate it..

They did not plan the seating areas too well, ie family areas etc.. Lots like to stand and they need to find an area with like minded people. Access is a balls ache, absolutely nothing there.. Westfields, no proper pubs, no identity at the moment.

we loved the BBG, they loved Upton Park, they will struggle to love the London Stadium...

 

No proper pubs? Within a 15 minute walk there are plenty! The Crate, the Howling Hops and so on. Ive been carried out from most of them. Just because they are in Hackney Wick doesn't mean they are not near to the stadium. And of course there are some excellent pubs in Stratford itself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Most of em do hate it..

They did not plan the seating areas too well, ie family areas etc.. Lots like to stand and they need to find an area with like minded people. Access is a balls ache, absolutely nothing there.. Westfields, no proper pubs, no identity at the moment.

we loved the BBG, they loved Upton Park, they will struggle to love it.

 

There's that hipster roof top bar on top of the car park, that could fit a few hundred bearded fans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Hmmm. Must be thick if he is watching them at Wembley.

Just for the record, I know some absolutely top geezers that are West Ham.. Will do anything for you, hard as nails, yes but decent people.. Easterners are a difficult breed but once you know them they are the proverbial salt of the earth.

 

No that is me being thick.

What you said about them being salt of the earth, can easily applied to people lots of regional folk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

No proper pubs? Within a 15 minute walk there are plenty! The Crate, the Howling Hops and so on. Ive been carried out from most of them. Just because they are in Hackney Wick doesn't mean they are not near to the stadium. And of course there are some excellent pubs in Stratford itself

Agreed but not really their pubs... Yet.. Some still drink in their old pubs and then travel over. Not really my turf, so will bow to your local knowledge..West London me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

There's that hipster roof top bar on top of the car park, that could fit a few hundred bearded fans. 

Now't wrong with beards - just because you can only grow bumfluff, there's no need to get all jealous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.