POLL: Selling Hendrick; a good decision?

Mostyn6

Selling Hendrick; Good decision?  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Dethorn said:

I voted Yes

Good for him - Yes

Good for Burnley - Yes

Good for us - Yes £10m was more than enough

Have we replaced him properly  -No

Would you let him go before Bryson, Butterfield and Hughes - No

Would you rather have Ledley, Huddlestone or Johnson - No

A fully fit Thorne and on song Hendrick ...... did that ever happen ?

Maybe once or twice seeing as Hendrick had one good game in four for us.

The Forest 5-0 springs to mind.

5 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

So we all agree the team was made poorer by selling him!

Nope. The question was whether selling Hendrick benefited Derby. As in the club. It did because it gave us £10 million. How can receiving £10 million for a player that was in and out of the team not be a benefit to the club? I sense you're deliberately trolling.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Nope. The question was whether selling Hendrick benefited Derby. As in the club. It did because it gave us £10 million. How can receiving £10 million for a player that was in and out of the team not be a benefit to the club? I sense you're deliberately trolling.

I do get the £10m thing but it's not trolling to suggest that the club has not benefitted from the sale in the long run. We lost a talented midfield player and wasted the money. 

I struggle to see where the benefit is apart from on paper maybe.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I voted no when this poll was first put up. Just my opinion, i realise i'm in the minority.

Its no big deal, even though i was right:lol:

I've just made the minority hit 20%:D

3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I do get the £10m thing but it's not trolling to suggest that the club has not benefitted from the sale in the long run. We lost a talented midfield player and wasted the money. 

I struggle to see where the benefit is apart from on paper maybe.

The original question wasn't about whether the money was invested well or whether Derby had benefited from the long run etc.

It was whether Derby receiving £10 million for Hendrick benefited the club, which imo it did considering he wasn't even an automatic first choice.

What happened to the money and whether it was spent well isn't the debate. You're answering a question that wasn't being asked.

Ultimately the player wanted premier league football so it's a moot point as to whether it was a good decision to sell him. We didn't really have an option, and actually I don't think Pearson was keen to sell him.

While he was inconsistent at times he was still a cracking player for Derby, he was improving and his performances for Burnley now show him to be a good premier league player.  we have missed him badly, mainly due to the fact we never adequately replaced him.

46 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

The original question wasn't about whether the money was invested well or whether Derby had benefited from the long run etc.

It was whether Derby receiving £10 million for Hendrick benefited the club, which imo it did considering he wasn't even an automatic first choice.

What happened to the money and whether it was spent well isn't the debate. You're answering a question that wasn't being asked.

The answer to the original question is still no from me.

On 03/10/2017 at 22:13, BramcoteRam84 said:

Ultimately the player wanted premier league football so it's a moot point as to whether it was a good decision to sell him. We didn't really have an option, and actually I don't think Pearson was keen to sell him.

While he was inconsistent at times he was still a cracking player for Derby, he was improving and his performances for Burnley now show him to be a good premier league player.  we have missed him badly, mainly due to the fact we never adequately replaced him.

Ultimately the club wasn't/isn't going anywhere soon. A premier league club came in for him. So ultimately it's an easy decision for anyone to make including all of the squad right now.

38 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Ultimately the club wasn't/isn't going anywhere soon. A premier league club came in for him. So ultimately it's an easy decision for anyone to make including all of the squad right now.

Silly to have revived the thread. At the time he was on the bench and we negotiated well to get a fabulous amount of money for him, all things considered. He was a good servant to the club and I hope he does well at the world cup to shine a beacon on the "exceptional Derby County academy". 

Archived