80s music

Muskination

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Smiths were the greatest band of the 80's.....because they were the greatest band of all time....except maybe for the Housemartins

The Wedding Present, Aztec Camera, Prefab Sprout, The Proclaimers, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Cure etc etc all deserve mentions....and the worst were....

Michael Jackson, Madonna, George Michael, Elton John and last but definitely not least Prince.... all sh1te with a capital sh1te

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

NWOBHM - New Wave of British Heavy Metal - though being pedantic, the term was first used in 1979 :ph34r:

Rob Halford is omnipresent. For him, the passage of time is irrelevant.

Just teasing - I used to buy Sounds in the late 70s so remember the arrival of the NWOBHM quite well - I sent off for my 'mail order only' copy of Iron Maiden's Soundhouse tapes in late 79 and saw them twice at the Assembly Rooms in 1980 (along with Def Leppard (blown off the stage by their 'support' act Magnum); Saxon (& Budgie); UFO; Gillan) - a fine year for local gigs (though even at £2.50-£3 a ticket I ran out of money and so missed out on Ozzy)

On 26 October 2016 at 09:46, Wolfie said:

Aaaah yes, the 80's

Human League

Depeche Mode

Eurythmics

Yazoo

Erasure

Pet Shop Boys

Gary Numan

House Music

I remember at school you either had to be a Duran Duran or Spandau Ballet fan. You could under no circumstances like both.

Happy days.

Bloomin heck Wolfie...............I'd never have got you down as a "new romantic"! :thumbsup:

307956005300c7bf387276f6af883103.jpg

Like someone said the variety is what sets it apart from current Simon Cowell omnipotence. From The Smiths; Cure, Metallica, New Order to more mainstream FGTH or Depeche Mode...even the one-hit wonders were tongue in cheek cheesy gold like Tiffany, Baltimora, Hazzy Fantazzie (?)

Archived