Soap dodgers

Boycie

Soap Opera  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They're all awful IMHO.

There hasn't been a good soap opera IMO since the 80s and, even then, I hated Dynasty, etc and wasn't much of a fan of Dallas either.

The only one I was actually almost 'addicted' to was Falcon Crest, although Knots Landing had the best looking women for a while.

Of the current day ones, both Australian ones are dreadful. The English ones are a little better but I can't sustain much interest for very long. I watched Hollyoaks fir a week or two once and found it entertaining....until I realised it wasn't a sitcom.

To be honest (not that I watch it), but I think Young and the Restless is better than most these days. As the sort of person who would never commit to watching a soapie for 2-5 hours a week, I find I can watch one or two episodes of that every few months and not be bored or lost. But all of the other US ones are dreadful.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try really hard not to be elitist or stuck up about TV. We all have different tastes .. Jees .. Given the chance I'd be an intergalactic spice trader so who am I to judge !

But I really don't like soaps, especially any of the grubby ones like east enders and corrie. All that shouting betrayal and bed hopping without even the tiniest nod to good taste and decency.  Next in line for my pseudo snobbery is Machiavellian US drama series where lunatics and convoluted plots go hand in hand to create wildly artificial story lines. 

Trouble is they are very popular so that makes me an odd ball and someone who needs to chill ... But I can't .. Please help :ph34r:

For me it's Eastenders, love it, it's the only one I watch. 

Plus I have every episode of Dallas on box set, I had a crush on Bobby fer years :lol:

On 16 November 2016 at 00:42, ladyram said:

Plus I have every episode of Dallas on box set, I had a crush on Bobby fer years :lol:

You should buy the series of his show before Dallas started if you find Bobby Ewing 'tasty'. I can't remember the name but it was similar in theme to the cartoon, Marine Boy.

And Bobby was always wearing only shorts.

My older sister drooled over him in that show.

10 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Does Thunderbirds (original) count?

If yes, count me in.

I remember being a kid and us all chucking a few quid in to get a bottle of Thunderbirds from Raj's of Spondon.

One day, the fool we sent to buy it came back with a bottle of QC sherry, I've never been so refined since.

On 15/11/2016 at 13:42, ladyram said:

Ill take Bobby's 2 wives, Pam and April, off him for you ?

14 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

You should buy the series of his show before Dallas started if you find Bobby Ewing 'tasty'. I can't remember the name but it was similar in theme to the cartoon, Marine Boy.

And Bobby was always wearing only shorts.

My older sister drooled over him in that show.

He was The Man From Atlantis! 

Not that I watched... 

:D

Archived