Soap dodgers

Boycie

Soap Opera  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the misfortune to be a captive audience for Doctors. It's totally bizzare. There are far more doctors than patients, in fact most days they don't have any patients, and seating for 3.

The policeman chappie seems to be busier than the doctors, and they're always sitting around eating and drinking. (I worry about that fat chap).

My take on it is that it is a gigantic experiment by a team of psychologists (as yet unseen) who are observing a bunch of nutters who are acting out their strange delusions that they're actually doctors. The grand denouement will be the psychologists comparing notes and the whole series will immediately finish.

Hopefully.

Used to dodge them all successfully, but since moving in with the missus I can no longer avoid Emmerdale. I can't decide if it's so bad it's good or just bad. I will admit their car crash scenes last week were better than I thought they'd be. 

12 hours ago, Gritters said:

When I first saw the title I thought it was a go at the French. I was a bit disappointed when I read the OP.

I thought it was going to be a rant about people who don't wash their hands after using public/work/resturant toilets, had my piece already formulated, was very disappointed.

I have to admit to a mild obsession with Eastenders since it started in the 80s that continues to this day, even though I know it’s appalling and as unrealistic as you can get when it comes to portraying modern life in London’s East end.

I suppose I see it as more of a comedy, so things like spotting the cliches and predicting the next line are all part and parcel of the fun.

Favourite soap cliche anyone? I’m especially fond of the loving embrace that ends with the camera zooming in on the face of one party looking horrified over the other’s shoulder

5 hours ago, StivePesley said:

I have to admit to a mild obsession with Eastenders since it started in the 80s that continues to this day, even though I know it’s appalling and as unrealistic as you can get when it comes to portraying modern life in London’s East end.

I suppose I see it as more of a comedy, so things like spotting the cliches and predicting the next line are all part and parcel of the fun.

Favourite soap cliche anyone? I’m especially fond of the loving embrace that ends with the camera zooming in on the face of one party looking horrified over the other’s shoulder

"Will somone tell me what's goin' on?"

On 25/10/2016 at 19:08, Boycie said:

In our house it's eastenders and Corrie.

I dodge em in the other room, but on the odd occasion do have to watch.

God knows what's happening but all I know is Cathy Beales back from the dead?

which soaps do you enjoy and why?

hey, come on, everyone likes a poll.

So ya luv us Cockneys... Everyone does.

When I saw soap dodgers I immediately thought of Mancs for some reason.

On 25/10/2016 at 19:16, reveldevil said:

In true Poll tradition, you haven't included Doctor's or Holby City, so I'm out!

Also, where's the option for Neighbours and Home and Away, bit racist leaving them off imo?

I can't wait for us to leave Europe, we can stop all these polls coming.

Archived