Kevin Phillips

Sith Happens

4 hours ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

You simply don't jettison a man of his experience and class. Doing a fine job as part of a coaching TEAM as far as I'm concerned. We win together, and we lose together. Why is this thread even active when we've just won seven on the bounce???

Because some people are never happy unless they're moaning or miserable?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/24/2016 at 07:04, Mostyn6 said:

McClaren is one of the best attacking coaches in the game, once he's done what he needs to do on team shape etc, he will get the strikers in for intensive training.... this could be this week!

phew. I must have slammed Phillips in a different thread! :ph34r:

I didn't just ask him to inform the players to keep their head over the ball when shooting. I cited that the previous 14 shots from outside of the box, previous to my letter,  had ALL gone way over the bar.   We can assume KP already knew how to keep shots down, he simply wanted reminding.  Its not just a Derby based problem.  Watch the premiership for the same mistakes. They dont have the benefit of my support though so I expect it to continue.  :) 

2 minutes ago, unclej said:

I didn't just ask him to inform the players to keep their head over the ball when shooting. I cited that the previous 14 shots from outside of the box, previous to my letter,  had ALL gone way over the bar.   We can assume KP already knew how to keep shots down, he simply wanted reminding.  Its not just a Derby based problem.  Watch the premiership for the same mistakes. They dont have the benefit of my support though so I expect it to continue.  :) 

So you basically wrote to the club and said they should kick the ball at the goal and not over it if we want to score goals. Inspiring stuff.

40 minutes ago, unclej said:

Nope ... I'm clearly still off my face on glue. I hope the effects wear off soon.

42 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

So you basically wrote to the club and said they should kick the ball at the goal and not over it if we want to score goals. Inspiring stuff.

No. That would have been silly. My letter clearly identified a persistent problem in the team that needed to be remedied. I offered the solution that I presumed the attacking coach already knew about, that I was taught before the age of five.  Since my letter the shooting has been much better, although, as I have already said, Bradley Johnson still seems to be leaning back when he shoots.  This is a schoolboy error that comes from trying to add too much power to the ball. 

When you see a problem in the team, how do you get your message across? Shout it from the stands? Mumble to your mate?  That'll do it...

2 hours ago, unclej said:

No. That would have been silly. My letter clearly identified a persistent problem in the team that needed to be remedied. I offered the solution that I presumed the attacking coach already knew about, that I was taught before the age of five.  Since my letter the shooting has been much better, although, as I have already said, Bradley Johnson still seems to be leaning back when he shoots.  This is a schoolboy error that comes from trying to add too much power to the ball. 

When you see a problem in the team, how do you get your message across? Shout it from the stands? Mumble to your mate?  That'll do it...

Not sure if serious or troll, or serious troll. 

9 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

yes im silly like the professional footballers who shoot over the bar good job they have a sane person like you to put them right

I am ashamed to have to admit ... that I, during my playing career, struck the ball over the cross bar a few times ... ((sobs)) ((weeps)) ((seeks rehab)) ((sells story to paper))

What would Roy Keane think? Joey Barton?? How am I going to explain this to my young protegé Will Hughes?

The sheer SHAME of it. I can barely face any of you.

4 hours ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

I am ashamed to have to admit ... that I, during my playing career, struck the ball over the cross bar a few times ... ((sobs)) ((weeps)) ((seeks rehab)) ((sells story to paper))

What would Roy Keane think? Joey Barton?? How am I going to explain this to my young protegé Will Hughes?

The sheer SHAME of it. I can barely face any of you.

Are you The Secret Footballer?

You can tell me, I wouldn't let anyone know.

8 hours ago, unclej said:

This has to be a fantastic spoof

8 hours ago, unclej said:

Oh blimey, up until this post I assumed you were joking but I think you might actually be deadly serious.

9 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Oh blimey, up until this post I assumed you were joking but I think you might actually be deadly serious.

If writing a letter like that to Derby County has such a big impact .

Please write a letter to Santa for me.

All I want for Christmas is World Peace ,Sir Cliff to get to number one ,a white Christmas,a new Raliegh Chopper,a train set,some new walking boots,a bottle of Jack Daniels (The one with honey) and the secret to eternal youth.

Oh yes and promotion for the RAMS.

36 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

If writing a letter like that to Derby County has such a big impact .

Please write a letter to Santa for me.

All I want for Christmas is World Peace ,Sir Cliff to get to number one ,a white Christmas,a new Raliegh Chopper,a train set,some new walking boots,a bottle of Jack Daniels (The one with honey) and the secret to eternal youth.

Oh yes and promotion for the RAMS.

It's not 1957. 

Archived