Random stuff that cheers me up thread

Stive Pesley

Seeing how my countrymen pull together in times of trouble.

The little town of Seyðisfjörður on Iceland's east coast has received 570mm (23 inches) of rain in 5 days.  Mudslides have been roaring down the mountain in past days, as everything is water saturated and has damaged some buildings.  Today came the worst one yet, destroying at least 9 houses.  All inhabitants are being evacuated, because of the uncertainty of the situation and continuing rain.  Cellars are flooded, there is much work to do.  People from all over the country are offering their assistance to the emergency crews and the inhabitants, hotels, guest houses, private residences opened up for families and so on.  It was a beautiful little town and it will be again, we will rebuild. 

The mudslide today was captured on camera.  It is on YouTube, but this link gives a higher quality video, the roaring of this thing..

https://www.visir.is/g/20202051417d/minnst-tiu-hus-skemmdust-thegar-stor-skrida-fell

1247016f.jpg

On 15/12/2020 at 19:35, Pearl Ram said:

I do enjoy Gone Fishing with Mortimer and Whitehouse even though I don’t fish, it’s a nice Sunday night programme that.

It's that nice I watched it on the Sunday and watched it again on the Monday. That was my Christmas. Even watching a repeat made me feel all Christmassy. I must admit I agreed with Paul regarding Christmas but also agreed with Bob, but every time I see Bob, I think of him cutting all them England fans hair in Spain 86. Both great blokes having a weekend away. We all love an away trip.

3 hours ago, TimRam said:

After xmas day, I was home alone due to lockdown restrictions. Brother rang me on Boxing Day and said we will drop a dinner off for you and I can have video chat/dinner with their family.

We were home alone on Christmas day.

The Church up the road brought us a Christmas dinner with all the trimmings.

they also brought us TWO hampers with tea, fruit cake, jam and shortbread.

We took one to a friend's house for thei 92 year old mum who was with them for the afternoon.

Several people's Christmases were brightened up last Friday!image.png.697ddfe51316474ff1646d5d5ca52fb6.png

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Coconut said:

Remembering £500 I had in an old online banking account (albeit one gaining no interest) and the username/password still being saved on the PC. Free money!

Blimey how rich must you be to forget about bank accounts with significant funds in them?

Make your way over to the abu Derby thread son and get a bid put in for the club while there is still time. ?