Random stuff that cheers me up thread

Stive Pesley

On 12/10/2019 at 04:04, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Becoming an uncle for the first time.

E37FE58E-BC93-4B0E-A97F-727CC66F4F99.thumb.jpeg.cc6fcdbc922278f50f4ef313abfdf4b1.jpeg

Its a great feeling. Nieces and Nephews are great.

One thought though....wonder if she will have a proper decent drink before you do? The race is on, you have 18 years.

On 12/10/2019 at 18:02, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just at the hospital, waiting to see my niece for the first time. Bought some Kettle Chips from the vending machine and, @ThePrisoner, I can confirm that you are wrong. Horribly wrong. The feeling of a cold crisp on the tongue simply isn’t right. 

Now, I'd have to agree with you here as a Kettle Chip is a much thicker and harder crisp. Try a pack of Walkers Salt and Vinegar, then you'll see!

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:51, Paul71 said:

Well done to this surgery for taking action against selfish people. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/derbyshire-nhs-surgery-dumping-patients-3442989

More should follow suit.

Too right. Next step is to start fining people for missing appointments. Say £30-40?

Unless there's a genuine reason.

Edited by SouthStandDan

On 20/10/2019 at 11:51, Paul71 said:

Well done to this surgery for taking action against selfish people. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/derbyshire-nhs-surgery-dumping-patients-3442989

More should follow suit.

I've just never understood te mentality of why someone would just not turn up to a Doctor's appointment without cancelling

I get that sometimes it might be unavoidable, but it seems far more rife then you'd expect. What's wrong with people??

2 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Too right. Next step is to start fining people for missing appointments. Say £30-40?

Unless there's a genuine reason.

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

I've just never understood te mentality of why someone would just not turn up to a Doctor's appointment without cancelling

I get that sometimes it might be unavoidable, but it seems far more rife then you'd expect. What's wrong with people??

Its those in society who don't give a duck about anyone else, same sort of people probably discard litter from moving cars and so on.

I think the 3 strikes is a good idea, if for some genuine reason you missed an appointment due to traffic or something beyond your control which you couldn't help , and you took the time to call and apologise for missing it then i see no issue, as long as it doesn't become a habit and therefore excuse.

I like the idea of a fine, unless you have a good reason, so no more appointments until its paid (unless the 'good reason' becomes a habit of course), but you would just get those that complained because they can't see a GP because they missed an appointment etc etc.