Random stuff that cheers me up thread

Stive Pesley

Just now, Van Wolfie said:

That and "Air force Ones"

I'm clearly not "down with the kids"?

Air Force Ones is just a type of Nike trainers that means nothing to me either but apparently it should?

Jingers is slang for Jewish and fingers,meaning if your of Jewish descent and tight(careful) with money and get your Jingers on something basically you’re being a tight git.

4 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Jingers is slang for Jewish and fingers,meaning if your of Jewish descent and tight(careful) with money and get your Jingers on something basically you’re being a tight git.

That wasn't the first thing I found when I googled it last night and found a link to urban dictionary.
Your version was the 2nd definition!  Wish I'd spotted yours first... I was awake all night!  ?

Sith Happens
On 06/03/2020 at 09:52, jono said:

Reading in the Times this morning that Bill Clinton says the affair with Monica Lewinski was his way of dealing with anxiety 

?

I reckon that this is being proposed as a cure for coronavirus. I keep hearing that it could bring the half the country to its knees.

18 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Only just noticed but....

Random Stuff That Annoys me - 249 pages, Random Stuff That Cheers Me Up - 26.

Both threads started in 2016. 

Conclusive proof that this forum is inhabited predominantly by miserable bar stewards ?

I always suspected this but your validation cheers me up! 

18 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Only just noticed but....

Random Stuff That Annoys me - 249 pages, Random Stuff That Cheers Me Up - 26.

Both threads started in 2016. 

Conclusive proof that this forum is inhabited predominantly by miserable bar stewards ?

A bit like the phone in on Monday night. When we 've been hammered people queue up to give an opinion and when we've been good nobody calls the show. My grandad used to say happy people dont have much to say. 

20 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

A bit like the phone in on Monday night. When we 've been hammered people queue up to give an opinion and when we've been good nobody calls the show. My grandad used to say happy people dont have much to say. 

I'm just making mischief but as they say, 'many a true word...' ?

i drove into the back of a beautiful white Porsche 2 days ago.  It was at a slow speed, so i was greatly relieved that there was no apparent damage to the Porsche, the bad news however was that our car had a dent in the fender, not enough to crack it but still a very obvious dent.  i didn't tell the wife about it, decided to wait until she was in a good mood to inform her of what i had done to her beloved car. 

i received no phone call from the Porsche guy claiming damages, so the first part was going alright, yet all day yesterday i had this nagging unease about my seemingly inescapable car-damaging confession. 

When my wife came home from things she needed doing she had a worried look on her face and i thought oh no, she's seen it.  i need to talk to you she said, guiding me into the living room.  Dead man walking..  Dear, she said, when i was parking the car i nudged the corner into the corner of the car next to us in the parking garage.  Just a small scratch on their car but an amazingly big dent on ours dear, i am so sorry, i feel terrible.  That's alright dear, these things happen i replied, could have happened to me and gave her a warm hug.

Should i still confess like planned?

5 hours ago, ramit said:

i drove into the back of a beautiful white Porsche 2 days ago.  It was at a slow speed, so i was greatly relieved that there was no apparent damage to the Porsche, the bad news however was that our car had a dent in the fender, not enough to crack it but still a very obvious dent.  i didn't tell the wife about it, decided to wait until she was in a good mood to inform her of what i had done to her beloved car. 

i received no phone call from the Porsche guy claiming damages, so the first part was going alright, yet all day yesterday i had this nagging unease about my seemingly inescapable car-damaging confession. 

When my wife came home from things she needed doing she had a worried look on her face and i thought oh no, she's seen it.  i need to talk to you she said, guiding me into the living room.  Dead man walking..  Dear, she said, when i was parking the car i nudged the corner into the corner of the car next to us in the parking garage.  Just a small scratch on their car but an amazingly big dent on ours dear, i am so sorry, i feel terrible.  That's alright dear, these things happen i replied, could have happened to me and gave her a warm hug.

I reckon you should have been angry for a few minutes... then calmed down, became more understanding, and forgiven her.
She may become suspicious of you being so understanding, so soon!

Don't get me wrong... You've not done bad, but you could have done better!  ?

6 hours ago, ramit said:

Sounds to me you've not been married long enough to know that there's only one answer. Keep schtum!

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I reckon you should have been angry for a few minutes... then calmed down, became more understanding, and forgiven her.
She may become suspicious of you being so understanding, so soon!

Don't get me wrong... You've not done bad, but you could have done better!  ?

If i did that, she really would be suspicious

Other than that, great suggestion, thanks