Random stuff that cheers me up thread

Stive Pesley

• 4 weeks later...

At the doctor's today a beautiful African toddler, age about two, made a grab for my iPad. I showed her the screen on camera mode (no photos taken of course). She was fascinated and when her mum was called in to the doctors toddler came back to my iPad. We held it in front of her and she was happy to toddle off after mum who thanked me for the help.

Cheered me up, and quite a few others in the waiting room!

My lady is celebrating her 40th birthday today and this morning I surprised her with a cruise package to the Caribbean in March along with a charm bracelet with her kids birthstones.

She had told me that none of her previous boyfriends had ever really taken her anywhere or took her birthday seriously so to say she was happy is a vast understatement.??

46 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

My lady is celebrating her 40th birthday today and this morning I surprised her with a cruise package to the Caribbean in March along with a charm bracelet with her kids birthstones.

She had told me that none of her previous boyfriends had ever really taken her anywhere or took her birthday seriously so to say she was happy is a vast understatement.??

Thats really nice of you. Im sure you will enjoy the peace and quiet while she is gone ?

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Having flu. 

4 days in bed and I've lost 3lbs so far. 

My wife often says she wants a bout of food poisoning, great for rapid dieting ? She once said she’d love to go to prison. Miserable food that you wouldn’t like, plus a gym and hey presto weight loss. I have suggested that these are rather extreme solutions. 

Laughing at myself on home match days. I have to cross my feet over one another at ankle depth. All in order to stop me passing the ball and doing quick lay offs and snap shots .. kicking The person next to me repeatedly doesn’t go down well ?

On 17 August 2018 at 20:07, Steve How Hard? said:

When it rains just after you've mowed your lawn. It's taken some serious stress with the recent dry spell and is just about recovering. 

On 17 August 2018 at 22:27, BaaLocks said:

When it rains just before you planned to mow the lawn, thereby allowing you delay the chore without guilt

When your wife finishes cutting the lawn. ?

• 10 months later...
On 21/10/2016 at 09:12, SchtivePesley said:

I've been wanting to start this thread for ages

As the "Random stuff that annoys me thread" reaches 100+ pages, it is pretty clear that we could solve the world's energy crisis if we somehow harnessed man's natural ability to complain about things.

So, as one poster accused me of having "no balance" I thought I'd try and tip the scales of karma and start this one up as well. Let's see if it is just as popular?

So I will start with an easy one.

When you read through a lengthy online debate and you disagree with what people are saying, so you stick your neck out and say something - get a torrent of abuse back - and then suddenly someone you don't know pops up and agrees with you. Immediately restoring both your faith in humanity and the thought that you may be going mad.

Pffft. Typical libtard thread if you ask me!

?

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

• 1 month later...
On 29/10/2016 at 11:36, angieram said:

After several months of frustration about my lack of ability to post tweets on here I have finally succeeded both on desk top and mobile. Thanks to a spare hour and some instructions from @David. Well happy!

(Even if the tweets are a bit random - I  just picked a couple to try it out!)

You want to post something on Twitter ?