Random stuff that cheers me up thread

Stive Pesley

On 10/24/2017 at 10:54, StivePesley said:

Always makes me chuckle when I see young kids at the football aged about 13-14 giving it all that to the away fans like they are proper DLF hoolies, then you go to the bogs at half time and they are queuing up for the cubicles because they are too insecure to get their litte chaps out at the urinals :lol:

It's a real pisser waiting for a bog to become vacant.. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

IMG_3461.thumb.jpg.939bdc9ba1c6a4bb072642deb1d91720.jpg

This cheered me up today - Meeting E-Street Band stalwart Steve van Zandt on the street outside work.

What cheers me is the thought that on the E-Street forum tonight Steve is sharing his joy of the encounter with DCFC Fans stalwart Andy in Liverpool.

Edited by i-Ram

After a lifetime of frustration, I do love that we seem to be living in the future (at last). I carry around instant access to the entirety of human knowledge in my pocket, cars can drive themselves, rockets can land, I hold a screen over text in another language and it automatically translates (and I could buy headphones that would automatically translate spoken language into English for me). We're seriously talking about colonies on the Moon and Mars, and we'll soon have flying cars - finally. 

What's not to like? 

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

After a lifetime of frustration, I do love that we seem to be living in the future (at last). I carry around instant access to the entirety of human knowledge in my pocket, cars can drive themselves, rockets can land, I hold a screen over text in another language and it automatically translates (and I could buy headphones that would automatically translate spoken language into English for me). We're seriously talking about colonies on the Moon and Mars, and we'll soon have flying cars - finally. 

What's not to like? 

I with people would stop fantasizing about living on other planets. We need to look after the one we have.

4 hours ago, sage said:

I with people would stop fantasizing about living on other planets. We need to look after the one we have.

Nothing to say we can't do both.

24 minutes ago, sage said:

Why?

Its our instinct to explore though. If we decided not to because of the cost (and not always financial) we may never have  even crossed the oceans.

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its our instinct to explore though. If we decided not to because of the cost (and not always financial) we may never have  even crossed the oceans.

It is a little different. There are still oxygen and a liveable temperature on the other side of the ocean.