Random stuff that cheers me up thread

Stive Pesley

6 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Slightly warm scones with clotted cream and whole-fruit strawberry jam.

If there is a pot of tea to go with it, put me down for a couple of scones but it must be jam first then the cream.

12 hours ago, 1of4 said:

If there is a pot of tea to go with it, put me down for a couple of scones but it must be jam first then the cream.

So if you have beans on toast, do you put the beans on the toast, then put the butter on top of the beans?

4 hours ago, Phoenix said:

So if you have beans on toast, do you put the beans on the toast, then put the butter on top of the beans?

If I was ever to eat beans on toast then no because you'd squash all the beans while spreading on the butter, the same as would happen to the cream while spreading on the jam if the cream is put on the scone first.

19 hours ago, 1of4 said:

If I was ever to eat beans on toast then no because you'd squash all the beans while spreading on the butter, the same as would happen to the cream while spreading on the jam if the cream is put on the scone first.

Yes, but you'd squash the whole-fruit strawberry jam whilst attempting to but cream on top. I used to have a flat in Devon. I'll never agree with you about this.

58 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Yes, but you'd squash the whole-fruit strawberry jam whilst attempting to but cream on top. I used to have a flat in Devon. I'll never agree with you about this.

No argument from me, each to their own.  No promlem on how people eat their scones, just saying how I like to eat them. Knew someone that liked to put butter on their scones as well as the jam and cream.

Road signs and place names in this wonderful country of ours.

i am in Dorset at the moment have a short holiday.

Visited a lovely little harbour town .... Name .... Beer 

thhere is Beer everywhere .. Welcome to Beer, Beer town council, you can drink a beer at the beer pub in beer 

I didn't take a photo as these things tend to be frowned upon but the sign at the entrance to a school ...

"Beer Church of England School" made me wonder if there was a new religion on the rise 

20 minutes ago, jono said:

Road signs and place names in this wonderful country of ours.

i am in Dorset at the moment have a short holiday.

Visited a lovely little harbour town .... Name .... Beer 

thhere is Beer everywhere .. Welcome to Beer, Beer town council, you can drink a beer at the beer pub in beer 

I didn't take a photo as these things tend to be frowned upon but the sign at the entrance to a school ...

"Beer Church of England School" made me wonder if there was a new religion on the rise 

Someone obviously said once: 'that'll be a Church of England School; that'll be a pub........' etc

The Apprentice - I love seeing people who are full of themselves making a total arse of themselves when common sense is the order of the day. 

Some of these people on this programme rate themselves so highly, you’d think they could split the atom to listen to them talking about themselves but when they are asked to do the simplest things they are hopeless, I love it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2017 at 19:33, Paul71 said:

GEMMA Collins suffered a shock when she fell into a massive hole on stage at the Radio 1 Teen Awards.

Well she's not going to fall in a small hole, is she?

Always makes me chuckle when I see young kids at the football aged about 13-14 giving it all that to the away fans like they are proper DLF hoolies, then you go to the bogs at half time and they are queuing up for the cubicles because they are too insecure to get their litte chaps out at the urinals :lol: