Random stuff that cheers me up thread

Stive Pesley

I've been wanting to start this thread for ages

As the "Random stuff that annoys me thread" reaches 100+ pages, it is pretty clear that we could solve the world's energy crisis if we somehow harnessed man's natural ability to complain about things.

So, as one poster accused me of having "no balance" I thought I'd try and tip the scales of karma and start this one up as well. Let's see if it is just as popular?

So I will start with an easy one.

When you read through a lengthy online debate and you disagree with what people are saying, so you stick your neck out and say something - get a torrent of abuse back - and then suddenly someone you don't know pops up and agrees with you. Immediately restoring both your faith in humanity and the thought that you may be going mad.

I like it Steve and I shall be using this thread a lot also but for some reason it's human nature to look at negatives and not highlight positives which I've never understood. Let's change it!

I think I read on the Brentford thread about a fan who dropped his wallet or something and a man found it and gave it back to him. This happened to me once as well as my mobile phone on a separate occasion and I got them both back. There are some decent folk in the world. Just not in Parliament. ;)

Nice one Muski - on a similar note, when you disagree violently with someone online about a particular subject but then on another topic you find that you have common ground. You realise that we all come into this world the same and we're not always so different as it sometimes feels

33 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I like it Steve and I shall be using this thread a lot also but for some reason it's human nature to look at negatives and not highlight positives which I've never understood. Let's change it!

I did consider proposing that no one was allowed to post in the annoyance thread without posting one here as a counter balance, but that seemed a bit too draconian!

My daughter's next door neighbour who, having got home at 10-30 pm after a 12 hour shift, spent 90 minutes tracing an electrical fault and getting her (and her 5-y-old daughter's) heating and lighting up and running.

Before you ask, she lives 12 miles away, and her mobile phone had just gone dead and she couldn't charge it up.

14 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Brussel sprouts..love this time of year when they start appearing in shops again.

I'm lead to believe they're even better after they've been subjected to a frost. I do love 'em though but they have to be cooked al dente.