Random stuff that cheers me up thread

Stive Pesley

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Taking clean and warm pants and socks off the radiator in the morning and putting them on. 

I've been on afternoons since Covid, the heatings gone off when I wake up, so I have missed that small win.

The missus keeps barking at me for dragging the bath mat over to the toilet for my mid morning sit down, but I can't stand cold feet.

21 minutes ago, Rev said:

I've been on afternoons since Covid, the heatings gone off when I wake up, so I have missed that small win.

The missus keeps barking at me for dragging the bath mat over to the toilet for my mid morning sit down, but I can't stand cold feet.

i do the same, while in sandals.  i like a soft floor in the morning.  i slide it back over when i'm done though ?

28 minutes ago, Rev said:

4 minutes ago, ramit said:

i do the same, while in sandals.  i like a soft floor in the morning.  i slide it back over when i'm done though ?

Any easy fix that problem.  Purchase a couple of samples of you favourite mat and strap them on your feet when you get up. Then you can just take your time without concerning yourselves with this moving bath mats malarkey.

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Any easy fix that problem.  Purchase a couple of samples of you favourite mat and strap them on your feet when you get up. Then you can just take your time without concerning yourselves with this moving bath mats malarkey.

Brilliant!  Mrs ramit would likely dial up those polite young men in their white coats though and it would do little good to scream at them as they drag me away, i just couldn't do it to the bath mat any longer fellas!

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Seeing shooting stars, saw one just over a week ago and two yesterday. About quarter past five in the morning standing outside having a cup of tea and a smoke, nice way to start the day. 

I love Bob Mortimer. I think it was the best show him and Vic did. 

31 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It’s not about fishing. It’s about life, the ageing process and friendship.

It's the most honest show, isn't it?

Two blokes talking about feelings in a way most of us males don't do, wrapped up in a comfort blanket of banter and scenery.

17 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

It’s not about fishing. It’s about life, the ageing process and friendship.

I don’t disagree with your statement but I do enjoy their enthusiasm for the sport (if fishing is a sport, as opposed to a pastime) and Whitehouse’s knowledge impresses me. 

Archived