Ikechi Anya

RamsPolls

26 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I think he wanted to give him a taste there rather than throwing him into the deep end. He did play there for Watford but he was more of a wing back in a back 5 if I recall so bit of a different role. Brentford are really good attacking wise too so it would have been risky to have him play the full 90 there.

I think your right here @lrm14. I think at the minute Mac is being a bit cautious until he's had some more time with players in training, which I really don't blame him for.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find myself liking Anya and find him infuriating in equal measure.

He's fast, always makes himself available for the ball, keeps possession relatively well and is a real energetic nuisance. However he wastes so many good attacking positions, his end product is atrocious and he carries very little threat in the final third. It's really hindering our forward play because of it. The only thing on his mind when he finds himself in a good position is to put a slow lofty cross into the box, it's incredibly easy to defend against. 

Personally I'd be very tempted to drop him in favour of Russell and experiment with moulding him into a full back. Either that or you need to coach him to beat his man and drill the ball across the box.

Archived