Jump to content

Ikechi Anya


RamsPolls
 Share

Recommended Posts

The mans energy is unreal, I had him on my FGS bet let night so I paid a lot of attention to him throughout the night. The guy can run for an age, He never stopped all night. He is what we have been crying out for, for a long time. He always looked to beat his man, Whether it was the right decision or not, And he always tracked back to give Baird a hand with defending.

Even when he got moved to LB when we brought Baird off for Russell, I think he attacked more than Russell did. He never stopped until the final whistle and I love the attitude of the guy. Apparently he is a great guy to have around the club and really gets on well with all of the squad. 

He does need to add more quality in a goalscoring sense to his game. He hasn't scored more than 10 goals at any of his previous clubs. If he adds more goals to his game and maybe gets 10+ a season then he could be a lethal winger at this level due to his attitude and his pace that will cause a lot of defenders problems at this level. 

I've felt he has had a solid start to the season, Netting his first goal at Bristol City and getting alot of good crosses into the box. If he can add more goals and maybe improve his link up play then he will definitely be one of our best players.

Do you think he can do better?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Did you know he drives something like a Fiat Panda to training? Proper down to earth guy and hasn't forgot his roots, and I don't mean his hair roots.

No way?? Thats amazing. 

He is so down to earth and on twitter he is always thankful to god.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

The mans energy is unreal, I had him on my FGS bet let night so I paid a lot of attention to him throughout the night. The guy can run for an age, He never stopped all night. He is what we have been crying out for, for a long time. He always looked to beat his man, Whether it was the right decision or not, And he always tracked back to give Baird a hand with defending.

Even when he got moved to LB when we brought Baird off for Russell, I think he attacked more than Russell did. He never stopped until the final whistle and I love the attitude of the guy. Apparently he is a great guy to have around the club and really gets on well with all of the squad. 

He does need to add more quality in a goalscoring sense to his game. He hasn't scored more than 10 goals at any of his previous clubs. If he adds more goals to his game and maybe gets 10+ a season then he could be a lethal winger at this level due to his attitude and his pace that will cause a lot of defenders problems at this level. 

I've felt he has had a solid start to the season, Netting his first goal at Bristol City and getting alot of good crosses into the box. If he can add more goals and maybe improve his link up play then he will definitely be one of our best players.

Do you think he can do better?

The one criticism I have of Anya when playing the winger role is his apparent lack of awareness of his position in relation to the back line of the opposition defence. Last night I lost count of the number of times, had he received the pass, he would have been pulled back for offside. One perpetual offender in the squad is enough thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The one criticism I have of Anya when playing the winger role is his apparent lack of awareness of his position in relation to the back line of the opposition defence. Last night I lost count of the number of times, had he received the pass, he would have been pulled back for offside. One perpetual offender in the squad is enough thank you.

Good point, I did notice that he tends to drift offside sometimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

He got in behind his man like a dozen times and the end product was poor apart from that ball across the face of the goal towards the end. Needs to work on it. We should be looking at scoring multiple goals based on the opportunities. 

End product can be disappointing but it can be hard when Ince, Bryson and Vydra are the people you're trying to be pick out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

End product can be disappointing but it can be hard when Ince, Bryson and Vydra are the people you're trying to be pick out

Exactly, to be honest I was extremely disappointed in Vydra's moment off the ball last night. Numerous times Anya, Christie or Ince got to the Bi-line and he was pulling off to the edge of the box for a pull back leaving no one in the 6 yard box. 

I can't blame him for doing this as it's what he has done for most of his championship career as he was partnered with Deeney who would occupy the 6 yard box while he would drift back to get a pull back. But unfortunatly we don't have a Deeney type figure at the club :whistle:

Anya and Vydra ran riot in this league when they partnered with Deeney. I would love to see Martin return and play that role.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started a thread on this after the Leeds game and after last night I am left thinking the same thing, gets in some great positions but is very wasteful.

You say he puts in lots of good crosses but I can only think of one or two in the matches I have seen him play.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

End product can be disappointing but it can be hard when Ince, Bryson and Vydra are the people you're trying to be pick out

Said this last night. Think the problem with the crossing is that there isn't one player (essentially your no.9) who they should look to be picking out. Hence hesitation and poor crises to nobody.

For all Vydra's intelligent play, he's not positioned well enough in the box to be that player to aim for.

In al honesty games like last night show how much this team miss an intelligent player, and focal point, that Chris Martin was :whistle:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.