Cyrus Christie

Sexydadbod

I love this forum. For the last two months the majority have been saying he isn't good enough, and giving him pelters, and then he goes and twists his ankle and will miss a few games and he has become a huge loss. It might be better for him to be out for 6 months. By the time he returns he would be a 'Legend' to many :lol:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I love this forum. For the last two months the majority have been saying he isn't good enough, and giving him pelters, and then he goes and twists his ankle and will miss a few games and he has become a huge loss. It might be better for him to be out for 6 months. By the time he returns he would be a 'Legend' to many :lol:

There's a number of players who improve in the forum view when they're not playing. 

12 hours ago, Boycie said:

Wisdoms only played one game.

Mr Grimsdale (his agent) maybe able to arrange a move?

I think Wisdom's agent hates him. His career is being appallingly mismanaged. Either that or he really loves sitting on benches.

46 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I'm pretty sure Max Lowe has played RB a few times, pre-season against Benfica for one.

If I'm right, then the option could be there to go Lowe RB & Olsson LB

He played there because Christie wasn't available for the game due time off because of the Euros. I'd rather have Lowey at LB at the moment and put Anya in RB position. 

13 hours ago, Boycie said:

Wisdoms only played one game. 

You used Wikipedia? Lol he played more than 1 game mate and no I don't use Wikipedia Just saying.. 

12 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

You used Wikipedia? Lol he played more than 1 game mate and no I don't use Wikipedia Just saying.. 

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/austria/fc-red-bull-salzburg/165/matches/

This site gives you the line up for every game played. Wisdom has played a couple of games in Europe, but only made 1 substitute appearance in the league.

Anya RB, and put someone like Russell or Camara in front of him. Someone who'll give him a bit of extra help when needed. Ince does track back but he's not great defensively, not a criticism but it's just not his game. Same goes for Weimann and Blackman

11 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Anya RB, and put someone like Russell or Camara in front of him. Someone who'll give him a bit of extra help when needed. Ince does track back but he's not great defensively, not a criticism but it's just not his game. Same goes for Weimann and Blackman

Ince wins the ball back over 3 times per 90 minutes as opposed Russell who wins it back just over two. 

The only you don't get from Ince is that he shirks 50/50s

Just now, cannable said:

Ince wins the ball back over 3 times per 90 minutes as opposed Russell who wins it back just over two. 

The only you don't get from Ince is that he shirks 50/50s

More to it than just winning the ball back though. Russell has a lot of defensive positional sense, he is quite good at getting wingers into corners and delaying the cross, even if not outright stopping it, to give us a chance to organise in the box. He also tends to hang back a bit further than Ince does naturally, so the partnership of Russell and Anya is less likely to be caught on the break. Ince nearly gave away a penalty on Saturday with a clumsy swinging leg.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm always open to being proven wrong by the stats, but that's how I've seen it. And it's not an excuse to bash Ince either, as I said. Unlike others I think his work rate in tracking back is great.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There's a number of players who improve in the forum view when they're not playing. 

Too right, wieman is the one for me, he rarely is available and rarely provides much when he does turn out but a lot people think he is a world beater, people say his best position is centre forward but all our various managers rate him behind Martin, bent, Vydra, Blackman, in that position and behind Ince Russell anya out wide (camara is always unavailable as well)

There is a problem with Anya at Right Back which is his lack of height. The opposition will more than likely put someone big up against him then loft the ball into the channels knowing that Anya will get beaten in the air most of the time. Shame because  he offers everything else we need there, and he does seem to "give a damm".

I would put Keogh at Right Back, because despite "popular" opinion he can defend, and he is also well able of charging forwards, as he often does from the centre of defence. I would also bring Rawson in, as he seems  well capable, and probably way better than Shackell at using the ball. Although Shackell can lead and organise, apart from being able to intercept balls coming into the box, he is a liability once he's got the ball.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He played there because Christie wasn't available for the game due time off because of the Euros. I'd rather have Lowey at LB at the moment and put Anya in RB position. 

Lowey :lol:. You are Stevie Mac and I claim my £5

Archived