Wilson gone back to MUFC

irobinson

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

We've had more ACL injuries than home goals this season.. Forsyth, zanzala and now Wilson. How many in the last three years? 6 and counting. 

Fozzy twice, George, Hughes, Zanzala, Wilson and with Coutts dislocating his kneecap keeping him out for thirteen months, Bryson's troubles last year and a knee injury finishing Eustace as well. 

We're Derby County, we'll **** up your knees!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gypsy Ram said:

And all those injuries happened when Mel arrived! #blamemel

Crazy comment its all Keogh's fault you know

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

ACL injuries are very difficult to take preventative measures against. The stuff you've suggested does bugger all in stopping them happening. 

Honestly your comment comes across as a very naive and arrogant view, do you really think you know better than the highly professional fitness/physio team we have in place at the club? 

Naive? Bugger all is not the accepted view with respect to injury prevention. It's not a perfect science but it's common knowledge that you can do things to inhibit leg injuries. Go do some research. Kinesiology. 

22 minutes ago, cannable said:

Fozzy twice, George, Hughes, Zanzala, Wilson and with Coutts dislocating his kneecap keeping him out for thirteen months, Bryson's troubles last year and a knee injury finishing Eustace as well. 

We're Derby County, we'll **** up your knees!

And Nigel clough injured his knee tackling billy Davies allegedly. 

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Naive? Bugger all is not the accepted view with respect to injury prevention. It's not a perfect science but it's common knowledge that you can do things to inhibit leg injuries. Go do some research. Kinesiology. 

I said the stuff you've suggested has bugger all to do with it. The problem with ACL injuries is that they are caused by landing awkwardly and awkward collisions leading to a lot of torque being applied very quickly laterally to the knee. The risk of this can be reduced by increasing the strength of the musculature  around the knee but it's impossible to completely eradicate due to the nature of the sport. As there has been an increasing prevalence of ACL injuries in football and other sport despite the increased knowledge and practice of sport science, suggesting the problem isn't anywhere near as simple as you suggest. 

What annoyed me about your post is that you came across as believing you knew something that the highly professional physio/fitness team at Derby had missed. What qualifies you to make such claims ? 

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I said the stuff you've suggested has bugger all to do with it. The problem with ACL injuries is that they are caused by landing awkwardly and awkward collisions leading to a lot of torque being applied very quickly laterally to the knee. The risk of this can be reduced by increasing the strength of the musculature  around the knee but it's impossible to completely eradicate due to the nature of the sport. As there has been an increasing prevalence of ACL injuries in football and other sport despite the increased knowledge and practice of sport science, suggesting the problem isn't anywhere near as simple as you suggest. 

What annoyed me about your post is that you came across as believing you knew something that the highly professional physio/fitness team at Derby had missed. What qualifies you to make such claims ? 

What you say in bold is accurate and contradicts you're own bugger all to do with it remark earlier. My point is that if you exceed the average you need to take a look at what you're doing. They may be doing it and we are just very unlucky. But it needs to be looked at.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

You seem to know a lot about this. How is football different to rugby? I hardly knew anyone injured with an acl in my brief 7 year career passing with the egg. It was always broken bones and muscle tears. Care to explain the difference? 

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

What you say in bold is accurate and contradicts you're own bugger all to do with it remark earlier. My point is that if you exceed the average you need to take a look at what you're doing. They may be doing it and we are just very unlucky. But it needs to be looked at.

I apologise if I haven't made myself clear.

What I meant with my original post is that your insinuation that the fitness staff at Derby would have overlooked something so obvious as not having the players doing some of the stuff you suggested is frankly ludicrous. I said that it had bugger all to do with it because they are almost certainly being injured in spite of these obvious preventative measures. 

Here you have taken a statement I made out of the context of the entire post to suit your agenda.

7 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

You seem to know a lot about this. How is football different to rugby? I hardly knew anyone injured with an acl in my brief 7 year career passing with the egg. It was always broken bones and muscle tears. Care to explain the difference? 

Coincidentally I played rugby for years and never had any knee problems but I play one five-a-side game of football and blow out my ACL.

I'd take a guess (but they are just guesses, I'm no expert) at there being two factors involved:

1) The collisions are different, there is less of a chance of legs getting tangled or blows to the knees coming from awkward angles.

2) There is less twisting and turning on the spot in rugby. Mean there is a lower chance of studs getting stuck as the body turns (this is basically how I did my knee).

Archived