2009 BBC Sports Personality of the Year

CumbrianRam

BBC award for stupidist comments of the year go to the 2 above.Darts is a sport and has been awarded sports status.Try practising for an hour or so and see how much your leg hurts,and your concentration wains.1 on 1 competition is sporting.Try playing the game and say it aint a sport.

As for jockeys,try and find other sportsmen who maintain a high level of fitness for the majority of the year.They also have to keep their weight ridiculously low,all year round.The horse is the vehicle and needs to be steered expertly.They are also some of the bravest sportspeople around.I wouldnt like to fall off a horse and have 3-40 other horses behind me travelling at 30 miles an hour to avoid.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BBC award for stupidist comments of the year go to the 2 above.Darts is a sport and has been awarded sports status.Try practising for an hour or so and see how much your leg hurts,and your concentration wains.1 on 1 competition is sporting.Try playing the game and say it aint a sport.

As for jockeys,try and find other sportsmen who maintain a high level of fitness for the majority of the year.They also have to keep their weight ridiculously low,all year round.The horse is the vehicle and needs to be steered expertly.They are also some of the bravest sportspeople around.I wouldnt like to fall off a horse and have 3-40 other horses behind me travelling at 30 miles an hour to avoid.

i have to give kudos to darts players, cause im crap at it, but did fluke a 12 dart finish once, was my greatest sporting achievement to date

Has Murray done ANYTHING of note this year?:confused:

The 22-year-old became the first British player to triumph at Queen's Club since Henry Austin in 1938, defeating James Blake 7-5, 6-4.

He also won two ATP master series titles, in Miami and Montreal, adding to his two in 2008.

still a runt tho

• 2 weeks later...

Archived