Derby County v Brentford

Bwash_Ram

38 minutes ago, Beagle said:

He will get a chance Mac tried to sign him the last time he was here on loan so he obviously rates him.

We were linked when Clement was here, unless we was under McClaren as well but can't find any topics on the forum for it

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Hasn't he been injured?

Pretty sure he was injured for the Cardiff game, but he was selected on the Bench for the Reading match and the Leeds one. Not subbed on for either. Maybe if Mac brings him on for Vydra we'll be able to see how he plays in a 4-3-3.

3 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Lowe and Olsson both doubts.. Baird at left back.. The joys..

They did say about Hughes last 2 games and he played. Hopefully Lowe is okay so as Anya. 

5 minutes ago, jono said:

These injury issues are worrying but we will come through I am sure. What about the other "forgotten" men .. Jamie and TImi Max ... I like them both for their aggression and positive intent. 

I'd much prefer Hanson to fill in at left back over Baird if Lowe and Olsson aren't fit.

18 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Surely one out of Lowe or Olsson will be fit for tomorrow.  Fingers crossed baird just didn't cut it for me at LB, i would rather see johnson or hanson in there. 

I don't want to see Brad anywhere except in front of the back four at the moment. He was superb on Saturday.

3 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I'd much prefer Hanson to fill in at left back over Baird if Lowe and Olsson aren't fit.

If we do have three left backs injured which is very unlucky then having someone like Baird to step in shows how lucky we are  to have that kind how cover

I don't think we can take this game for granted as IMO Brentford are a vastly underrated side and if we lost this game I wouldn't at all be surprised. They are doing well in the league and will be tough opponents. Tougher than Leeds, Ipswich and Blackburn who we have faced at home recently. I think for once this season we need to score early, at least in the first half and then I reckon we could go on and win the game but I have a feeling they will score.

There are only a few players I know a bit about admittedly. Scott Hogan is on fire and I saw a bit of him playing for Rochdale. He appears to have made the step up and that seems to be a theme of Brentford in giving players from the lower reaches an opportunity. Same could be said for 'keeper Dan Bentley. Did excellently for Southend over a good few years and now plying his trade at a higher level and kept a good few clean sheets already this season.

Sully Kaikai has been getting a look in too, but mainly as sub. He was on loan at Shrewsbury for a bit and did really well there. Scored some class goals albeit at a lower level. Dangerous player.

The only other one I can claim to know a bit about due to my obsession with Austrian football (family heritage) is Konstantin Kerschbaumer, a midfielder who did amazingly well in the Erste Liga in Austria for Sankt Polten (St Polten) over a number of seasons. He moved on to Wacker but surprised he ended up in the Championship as IMO he is nowhere near good enough. The Austrian first division is not of the highest standard.

I know nothing really about the rest of their squad although I am aware that Josh McEachran is a Chelsea youth product and had been held in high regard.

Dean Smith the manager for me was an interesting appointment. Nobody could argue what he did at Walsall, averting relegation,  constantly rebuilding a side and with the mindset of playing attractive football but that's pretty much his only job to date and so it's a gamble. He's adept at wheeler dealing on a budget and keeping results stable despite high turnover of players and maybe Brentford as a club with limited resources had this in mind when appointing him.

Anyway, the family shall be there tomorrow night and very much looking forward to it. I think it promises to be an entertaining game and I just hope we can get our noses in front early on and that could see us go on and win.

Nice one Tony. I always like your background info. I am the worst sort of partisan fan. Apart from a few big names or those who have been hanging around a while, I rarely know much about the other sides players.

I reckon the boost from Saturday will carry us over the line. The squad is big enough to cope with any minor injuries. I'm not over confident and won't feel comfortable until I've seen how we look from an intent POV in the first 15 mins. Start on the front foot and baring accidents we will win it. Vydra and Ince both need a goal, and we need to see a score line that is more than just "hung on" or "just nicked it"

COYR 

Archived