A discarded Xmas tree

minesahartington

You know how you feel when you see a discarded Xmas tree, that still has a couple of baubles hanging off it, half in/out of a refuse bin in early January...well that`s how i have felt this season during and after games, first angry, then disappointed, followed by a sad acceptance and then nothing...i forgot how to care. We were rubbish and i accepted it. The journey home listening to Pearce ramble on ungraciously made me finally allow my son to switch the channel from footy to Capital...i was lost...5pm sports report has been a religion all my life..i was beginning to find more enjoyment in his appalling taste in music..

I am know filled with some hope. The swan vesta has rekindled the candle. There is a small of flicker of light.. of.. desire..i am eagerly anticipating match day.....

I had forgiven the Mrs for booking a weeks holiday in half term in Feb...i will miss 2 games but i found myself not caring a bit....now i may need to get the Clown costume out of the attic...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, minesahartington said:

You know how you feel when you see a discarded Xmas tree, that still has a couple of baubles hanging off it, half in/out of a refuse bin in early January...well that`s how i have felt this season during and after games, first angry, then disappointed, followed by a sad acceptance and then nothing...i forgot how to care. We were rubbish and i accepted it. The journey home listening to Pearce ramble on ungraciously made me finally allow my son to switch the channel from footy to Capital...i was lost...5pm sports report has been a religion all my life..i was beginning to find more enjoyment in his appalling taste in music..

I am know filled with some hope. The swan vesta has rekindled the candle. There is a small of flicker of light.. of.. desire..i am eagerly anticipating match day.....

I had forgiven the Mrs for booking a weeks holiday in half term in Feb...i will miss 2 games but i found myself not caring a bit....now i may need to get the Clown costume out of the attic...

To be honest Pearce doesn't seem to have much intelligence. He's just a no nonsense centre half!

Archived