Stevie Mac's apology...

RamsPolls

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

If someone comes knocking with a massive great paycheck, everyone here would have made the same mistake too. Respect to him for admitting it was an error. Not many admit when they have been wrong.

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

Tweedledumb and Tweedledumber?

I'd normally give you a like for that because I did find it amusing but I don't want to come across as ridiculing them for their opinions, it's just been strange on here today. A lot of grumpiness and I don't get it.

It's the eve of a match with Leeds, the prince of darkness has been fooked off, we've got a guy in whose outlook on the game is the total opposite to his predecessor's, he's going to gee them players up so much tomorrow because he'll be desperate to kick off with a win...what the f*ck is there to be grumpy about ? I'm buzzing for tomorrow.

Sorry to go off on one Eddie but I just don't get some of our fans.

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

Really b4? A big man puts his life on the line for people, this is a man trying to get back in our good graces to make his job easier. Just common sense for him to say it and appease.

im more interested in what he did in training apart from those keep away drills, and to see how fast that translates into clever attacking football tomorrow. 

The appeasement comes from him and Mel Ninos.

16 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'd normally give you a like for that because I did find it amusing but I don't want to come across as ridiculing them for their opinions, it's just been strange on here today. A lot of grumpiness and I don't get it.

It's the eve of a match with Leeds, the prince of darkness has been fooked off, we've got a guy in whose outlook on the game is the total opposite to his predecessor's, he's going to gee them players up so much tomorrow because he'll be desperate to kick off with a win...what the f*ck is there to be grumpy about ? I'm buzzing for tomorrow.

Sorry to go off on one Eddie but I just don't get some of our fans.

I don't see negativity I see realism and a wait and see mode. We've all been through the buzzing after change thing. So it's a numbness for a lot of peeps at this point. Yes Prince Dark has gone but we don't got pochettino klopp or guardiola, weve got the premier leagues biggest 2015-16 flop of a manager who's saying all the right things, so all we are clinging to is the pre new year DCFC stuff from when he was last here - that derby + mac is magic.  It's naive to assume that we will take our seats tomorrow and all will instantly be as it was - it could be or it might not be - so like a lot of others I'm mildly positive / neutral until I see what i see. We will learn a lot about his selection, his tactics, his motivation and impact on players tomorrow not before.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The appeasement comes from him and Mel Ninos.

Not sure what you mean. He's appeasing that group of fans who dislike him because of his head turning. Mel isn't really appeasing in my view he's just putting someone in that he believes will have us playing attractive attacking football and SM is a safe choice at this point. Something he rightly wants.

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Not sure what you mean. He's appeasing that group of fans who dislike him because of his head turning. Mel isn't really appeasing in my view he's just putting someone in that he believes will have us playing attractive attacking football and SM is a safe choice at this point. Something he rightly wants.

The point is 'for the greater good of the Club' everyone has had to 'give a little'. Now isn't the time to continue with the Blame Game! We all pull together. We are Derby, super Derby, super Rams! #COYR

Good enough for me, let's get behind the MAC and the RAAAAAMS!!!

Two seasons of footie the likes of which hadn't been seen here for years plus very nearly promoted twice...what's not to like?

Look at those clips on the dcfc site and see how the MAC got our guys playing, that's the kind of stuff I want to watch, whether we go up or not.  Is he perfect?  No.  Does he always get it right?  No.  Has he learnt not to be greedy and bite the hand that feeds him?  I hope so and I think so.  And now he also has Anya & Vydra to play with...

Probably too late for anything higher than top 10 now TBH but let's sit back & enjoy the ride, with the pressure now off you never know what might happen, it'll be fun that's for sure, let's hope the guys come steaming out of the blocks tomorrow and demolish the Dirties!

COYR!!!

LR2

Interesting that some media is reporting that mac said it was "right" for derby to sack him. What I heard him say was that the club had a right to sack him because he didn't quash the rumours etc. 

theres a big difference there.

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Interesting that some media is reporting that mac said it was "right" for derby to sack him. What I heard him say was that the club had a right to sack him because he didn't quash the rumours etc. 

theres a big difference there.

THIS is the sort of nitpicking over words and phrases that help fan the flames last time - give it a rest. I cannot believe you have Derby's best interests at heart continuing like you do.

Only just caught up with the interview on-line.

Thought it was a very good and considered interview and SM seemed very willing and open in acknowledging his share of the responsibility for how it all ended last time around.

Although we're in a similar position points-wise, games played, etc to when he last joined he did clearly state that that the starting position looks much more difficult this time.

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The point is 'for the greater good of the Club' everyone has had to 'give a little'. Now isn't the time to continue with the Blame Game! We all pull together. We are Derby, super Derby, super Rams! #COYR

You put it better than me RoyMac5 :D

14 minutes ago, mozza said:

Sorry i've been away for a few days , my head was turned by the chance of a few days away in Devon , but i'm back now , ready to give my all to Derby County and the iPrediction league ..

COYR's ..

Are you saying you were right to go to Devon or are you saying you had a right to go to Devon? And now your back I'm going to reserve judgement on whether you can do the job second time round  

Archived