Stevie Mac's apology...

RamsPolls

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much stock is put in loyalty and apologies and fans getting behind the team etc etc. Reality is if Barcelona came knocking he'd be gone in a hot flash. Hendrick left for Premier League football. Bent came for the ££. The only purists here are Gordon Guthrie RIP, Mel Morris and us suppporters. Everyone else is a hired gun. He's saying the right things to make his job easier that's it.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

He has been a big man and owned up and that takes guts.

Really b4? A big man puts his life on the line for people, this is a man trying to get back in our good graces to make his job easier. Just common sense for him to say it and appease.

im more interested in what he did in training apart from those keep away drills, and to see how fast that translates into clever attacking football tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look has said his head got turned by a bigger job offer of which he knows how treated the club and fans was wrong and for me this desevses a 2nd chance.

So you don't think he will turn his head if Sunderland come a knocking ? Apologies and talk are cheap. Actions speak.

I don't really get people needing an apology. I don't think I think highly enough of myself to think people should want my forgiveness. IF I fall out with a mate, the missus or the kid are a pain... I don't need an apology. Just get on with it.

And in football? If McClaren loses every game between now and Xmas will we show him loyalty?

Where was our loyalty to all the players and managers sold and sacked? Where's our loyalty to every player booed and jeered?

Where was the loyalty from all those people on here that say "I think we should sell him"?

Where's the loyalty to Kevin Phillips and Richard Keogh and others currently criticised?

Why do people get so sensitive? Such a high level of self importance. It's nice he's accepted he made mistakes but he needn't have bothered imo. I care about what he does now. If he's crap for 12 months I don't think I'll feel the need to apologise for calling him crap. 

People are really really easily offended and up in arms nowadays. 

Saying that, my missus moans at me because I "don't care about anything".

I say that I do. Derby County and the kids...:whistle:

You don't think he would have said this do you ? 

you know, my head was turned more than the exorcist and I make no apologies for making a lucrative move to a premier league team close to my home, and ditching Derby during their promotion run in. Managing is a job nothing more nothing less and that was a better job. Seemed like a great career move for me. It proved to be very difficult managing at that level, because i drank from poisonous chalices and stuff i can't explain and so I was sacked. It all looked all so very bleak, and so I snapped Mel's hands off to come back here when he came a calling remembering the good times. Happy days!

Archived