Stevie Mac's apology...

RamsPolls

Just read his interview and say this, fair play to the bloke. I was one of those who thought he owed the fans an apology after the Newcastle debacle, and he's clearly recognised this and decided to eat humble pie and try to patch things up with the fans. Results will decide in the end if he wins the fans back, but this is a good start

I kept thinking back to those interviews at the end last time when he just gave woolly answers and eventually when pushed mumbled that his focus was at Derby. He was fooling nobody. So I needed him to address that and I think this interview does. Sometimes you have to acknowledge your principles but then do something for the greater good. I'll give him another chance and get behind him. 

6 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I kept thinking back to those interviews at the end last time when he just gave woolly answers and eventually when pushed mumbled that his focus was at Derby. He was fooling nobody. So I needed him to address that and I think this interview does. Sometimes you have to acknowledge your principles but then do something for the greater good. I'll give him another chance and get behind him. 

Are we all really sure now that he is fully committed to Derby County? Should he get a "I heart Derby" tattoo on his forehead, and if he did, would people then say "It's not a tattoo, it's a transfer"?

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Are we all really sure now that he is fully committed to Derby County? Should he get a "I heart Derby" tattoo on his forehead, and if he did, would people then say "It's not a tattoo, it's a transfer"?

unfortunately some of the knuckle draggers on here still can't accept why a coach would leave our massively successful club, playing in the championship, to go to a massive Premier league club with massive financial backing and on a massive pay rise.

What self respecting, ambitious coach would do that?

Unfortunately, the footballing world doesn't end outside the gates of the ipro.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

For me there's no need to get a tattoo. He's said exactly what I wanted to hear. He's acknowledged that his behaviour warranted his dismissal and apologised properly. I'm really happy with that and am looking forward to his next spell very much. He's an ambitious man, I respect him for that and it's a trait we need in a manager.

The only people who might feel aggrieved are those who took him at his word and defended him to the hilt. 

?

4 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

unfortunately some of the knuckle draggers on here still can't accept why a coach would leave our massively successful club, playing in the championship, to go to a massive Premier league club with massive financial backing and on a massive pay rise.

What self respecting, ambitious coach would do that?

Unfortunately, the footballing world doesn't end outside the gates of the ipro.

Absolutely. There was a huge spark sir when the hammer you were wielding hit the nail square on the head.

McClaren is the right fit for Derby County. NP never was nor never will be. Excitement for Saturday has returned. If NP was still in charge, I was going for a walk in Edale. Now I can't wait to take my seat at the iPro. And it's Leeds. Gordy better be watching, just in case it gets heated. :mellow:

3 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

McClaren has come out & apologised for what happened last time. Says he is very fourtunate to be at the club again. This is very brace and big of him. 

Water under the bridge. Up the Rams.

All part of the agreement with Mel. He is hardly going to continue saying he shouldn't have been sacked is he? It would have been agreed that he would have to come out with a statement taking some responsibility for previous events to placate the doubters. A good move and lets now move on. Welcome back Stevie Mac, lets see some decent football again!!!

McClaren has always struck me as an honest man trying to play games with the media because that's what everyone else does. That's his flaw. He just hasn't got the media skill to deflect and decieve when it may be necessary. 

In this interview he says "when I have failed at other clubs". How many managers use terminology such as that? No manager describes themselves as failing or even acknowledges that they've ever failed. It's a breath of fresh air to hear such honesty. He apologises and accepts some responsibility very nobly.

The Newcastle affair has painted him as a dishonest man who cannot be trusted, but I think the opposite. You can trust a guy who is so transparent you can even tell when he's lying. And who can blame him for keeping his career options open with Newcastle -  results were dipping and he feared the sack. Perhaps expectantly for him, he got the sack and due to his own success in avoiding the Newcastle question, he got another job quickly.

From our perspective, maybe you can say we wouldn't have sacked him if he'd just committed himself. But when people even now continue to talk rubbish about plan B and his previous failures and this that and the other, is it any wonder he felt some hostility? He did what he did in during the Newcastle speculation because he feared the sack. 

Tell me this, when did WE 100% commit to Steve McClaren?? Loyalty is two way.