POLL: (requested by Anon). McClaren's objectives; What is acceptable

Mostyn6

what final league position fans would find acceptable enough to keep McClaren?  

291 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Less than a quarter of us expected the playoffs this season when we signed McClaren. So why are there a ridiculous number of threads calling for massive changes, new managers etc? 

We lost a game of football yesterday, that's all.

I think after Pearson I'm relieved to see goals again, tbh. I'd take exciting 3-4's over the 0-1 dross served up by Pearson. Shame about the result, but I personally was entertained and for me, that's what it's all about! 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think after Pearson I'm relieved to see goals again, tbh. I'd take exciting 3-4's over the 0-1 dross served up by Pearson. Shame about the result, but I personally was entertained and for me, that's what it's all about! 

This...Though I like to win a few as well.

The last two games could easily have been 4-3 to us and everyone would be applauding

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I'd much rather have the last two games than the boring dross served up between Mac 1 and 2 tenure. Result aside its entertaining. As long as we win more than we lose that's fine with me.

I'd rather have some stability in this football club instead of the managerial merry go round we've had in last couple of years. Mac needs the summer. 

On 13/10/2016 at 15:02, rynny said:

For me we should be looking for a top half finish. But if we dont and the signs are there of good football but needing a few tweaks and a couple of players to really hit the play offs next season then I will be happy enough.

When threads like this resurface I always worry that I have said something stupid (normally the case :lol:) luckily I was quite sensible. For a change.

As long as relegation is avoided then that's enough for me. Finishing 7th has no major benefits over finishing 17th and expecting playoffs after the dreadful start and summer transfer window would be ridiculous.

We need another long serving manager to bring some stability back to Derby and I believe McClaren is absolutely the right person to give the time to. He needs time to establish the team's identity again as well as setting in place a philosophy for player recruitment.

I'd be happy with a top ten place. When Pearson was in charge we were looking at relegation. At least mcclaren got the team  back winning games and scoring goals. We need get some stability into the club on and off the pitch. Get our recruitment of players right in the summer. Then hopefully have a good start next season. 

5 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Not against macs style,but it is about winning, as abba said winner takes it all.

Depends whether you see football as a results business or an entertainment industry. 

Personally I'd rather try and fail as we have done than go up and do a Boro.

Karanka's going mad over getting attackers in because they're poor going forward and yet he doesn't realise that he's the problem and the reason they've scored 18 league goal and had the least shots in the league.

What good is promotion if it results in boredom? 

It is absolute madness to even be considering McClaren's position at the club. This club needs a few seasons of stability, we have to just sit back and enjoy wherever this season takes us as it will be midtable at worse and from where we were when Pearson was canned, that should be acceptable. You would think we would have learnt by now to not be silly sods.

Any league position as long as we don't get relegated. Why would we want to get rid of him after the turnaround he inspired after Pearson - give him time to build a team rather than chopping and changing our manager every half a season.

SM has had to reverse the style of play that NP was trying to instill back to the 'Derby Way' 4-3-3.

They did brilliantly to shoot up the table to sixth whilst having to contend with injuries to key players especially the full backs.

Get Martin, Thorne and Forsyth back on the pitch and that team will win the league 

IF Ince and Hughes stay too.

I can't help thinking that certain fans who want another change would also be the first to boo the new manager's team.

madness I tell ya.

We need to remember where we were at when he took over from pearson... 

when he took over we'd have been happy to finish midtable, then we went on a decent run and started thinking top six. We are probably just levelling out and are where we are. Lets give him the summer to make changes & have a full season at it

15 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

We need to remember where we were at when he took over from pearson... 

when he took over we'd have been happy to finish midtable, then we went on a decent run and started thinking top six. We are probably just levelling out and are where we are. Lets give him the summer to make changes & have a full season at it

Groundhog day? 

Archived