Mel abuse

Woodley Ram

10 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

It would have been better (for me) if you'd ended your rant with "eh?" Huh is a bit too American for me, it's like this "gotten" I see creeping onto the forum, where will it all end eh?

One that winds me up is "can I get a cup of tea?". No but you can have one. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, unclej said:

Of course you are looking elsewhere for the salient point I made.  Are entrepreneurial multi millionaires the right people to be owning and leading a football club?  I suggest we have had our fair share of behavior that they might call rational but we might call lunacy.  Some of that behavior has existed in South Wales, the North East and at either end of Brian Clough Way, The appointment of McClaren, a man who had either absolutely no idea or worse still no interest in how to turn around the decline that began in Feb 2014 and culminated in us losing to Reading at home in the final match of the season to leave us eighth.  A man who has, since then, failed miserably in the Premiership with Newcastle leading to him becoming sacked, again.  How do the most optimistic of you feel this is going to end? Huh? 

I just picked you up on a blatant pulled-out-of-your-arse lie, that is all. Nothing more needs to be said.

28 minutes ago, unclej said:

Of course you are looking elsewhere for the salient point I made.  Are entrepreneurial multi millionaires the right people to be owning and leading a football club?  I suggest we have had our fair share of behavior that they might call rational but we might call lunacy.  Some of that behavior has existed in South Wales, the North East and at either end of Brian Clough Way, The appointment of McClaren, a man who had either absolutely no idea or worse still no interest in how to turn around the decline that began in Feb 2014 and culminated in us losing to Reading at home in the final match of the season to leave us eighth.  A man who has, since then, failed miserably in the Premiership with Newcastle leading to him becoming sacked, again.  How do the most optimistic of you feel this is going to end? Huh? 

Given the results under Pearson, if it ends with Derby in 8th at the end of the season I'll be pretty bloody pleased tbh.

Morris may have achieved some highly acclaimed and extremely significant contributions to community and to charities in general.  One of our previous chairmen achieved the same. He was bonkers and even thought he could get Cruyff, but  I doubt even he would have had a previous manager back at the club in the same circumstances as we are seeing now.  Just saying 'sall.  

Robert Maxwell. 1923-1991 (alleged)

'He was active in various philanthropic causes and was chairman of the National AIDS Trust. In 1986 he was involved in the financing of the Commonwealth Games in Edinburgh...' 

'Maxwell was widely regarded in a negative light. Consequently, his very notable record of charity and the scale of the business empire he briefly organized have largely been forgotten.'

Jewish Virtual Library https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/judaica/ejud_0002_0013_0_13440.html [online] 

Stevie Macs black & white army...

Another comparison thats embarassing is the money spent by Mel, as opposed to the highest fee we reportidly paid under maxwell was for the transfer of Saunders from one of Maxwells clubs (oxford) to another of his (derby)

Dont think that would be allowed today. somehow.

I seem to remember Lawrenson reisgned after that and never managed again.

24 minutes ago, unclej said:

Morris may have achieved some highly acclaimed and extremely significant contributions to community and to charities in general.  One of our previous chairmen achieved the same. He was bonkers and even thought he could get Cruyff, but  I doubt even he would have had a previous manager back at the club in the same circumstances as we are seeing now.  Just saying 'sall.  

Robert Maxwell. 1923-1991 (alleged)

'He was active in various philanthropic causes and was chairman of the National AIDS Trust. In 1986 he was involved in the financing of the Commonwealth Games in Edinburgh...' 

'Maxwell was widely regarded in a negative light. Consequently, his very notable record of charity and the scale of the business empire he briefly organized have largely been forgotten.'

Jewish Virtual Library https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/judaica/ejud_0002_0013_0_13440.html [online] 

Stevie Macs black & white army...

2 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

For the 1000s of innocent workers swindled out of their pensions, I bet this is all very cathartic. 

I also heard that the Germans are really grateful for having their road and rail networks improved in the 30s and 40s.

Irrelevant, but entertaining nonetheless.  

On 15/10/2016 at 13:08, lee_derby said:

i blame social media and www no conequences in reality. most like to hide behind keyboards and wouldnt say a word face to face. its hapening in most walks of life thats why i dont bother with twitter facebook ect. i wouldnt give them the time of day or waste police time chasing petty crime just my opinion

I would and still will if given the chance. Most would testify on here. However I would be measured and reasonable in my criticisms of Mel, of which they are many.

I still say it's niave to think he shouldn't be critiscised. 

Archived