Mel abuse

Woodley Ram

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

If you don't get involved then you cannot be hurt.

People jump from buildings, should every one else do the same?

No, every choice you make has a consequence.

If you wish to go on social media and you are in the spot light you will always get ****** making idiotic/ harmful statements.

Just don't go on.....

Choices.........

I know you are entitled to your opinion, but isnt that the same as saying to black players 'dont go and play in russia, and if you do dont complain about being racially abused?'

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, toddy said:

Not really, why does Mel Morris need to go on social media?

Why does anybody go on social media?

Mel Morris grandson saw someone put things that I am not even comfortable repeating about Mel, or should he not be on social media because of who his grandfather is?

Why does any go on social media? Well this is a form of social media so why are you here? ?

16 minutes ago, toddy said:

Not really, why does Mel Morris need to go on social media?

Why does anybody go on social media?

What are you doing on here?

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

Mel Morris grandson saw someone put things that I am not even comfortable repeating about Mel, or should he not be on social media because of who his grandfather is?

Why does any go on social media? Well this is a form of social media so why are you here? ?

This is a forum where it is monitored and those on it have common ground.

Social media IE sausageter and bottom book serve what purpose? Are they monitored, obviously not.

Don't get me wrong I am not condoning what ever was said/written, but isn't that what social media is all about? 

If you are in the spot light - common sense says some idiots will say allsorts of stuff - just don't go on those sites is the only answer.

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

Social media IE sausageter and bottom book save what purpose? Are they monitored, obviously not.

Don't get me wrong I am not condoning what ever was said/written, but isn't that what social media is all about? 

If you are in the spot light - common sense says some idiots will say allsorts of stuff - just don't go on those sites is the only answer.

Didn't make it right and didn't make it clever, monitored or not it's just plain wrong, probably done by people who wouldn't say it to your face

19 hours ago, Boycie said:

I've had some information passed to me that outlines the charities and institutions that Mel Morris helps via donations.

1. If you go to the Princes Trust web site you will see that the Morris family are among just 15 or so Platinum Patrons in the UK. Most are major Banks and firms. Locally he also provides around £20k a month to support local (east midlands) under privileged kids with help. Nationally he is the sole sponsor of the Princes a Trust STEM project, this year alone £750k. This is helping 4,000 people.

2. This year he donated £10million to the MSTART charity (Medical, Sports, and Research Technology. This has provided financial support to young local sports people like Genevive Sommerville a brilliant young ice skater, Jay Clarke a great U18 tennis player, Ilkeston and Stanton Football club. It has also sponsored two local end of life cancer patients for pioneering immunotherapy treatment in Germany (£300k). It is also sponsoring research into advanced dialysis treatment being done locally by the Royal Detby and The University of Derby (£600k). 

3. Mel bought the robotic surgeon equipment for the Royal Derby which has saved countless lives since here in Derby. This cost £1.4million. He then bought them a second station to let them train more surgeons at a cost of £300k. And to top this off it costs him £55k a month to keep this going with consumables to allow local people to have 30+ life saving operations each month.

4. Mel also helped no end of local causes like the Colin Bloomer appeal. One of the main historic sponsors of Mickleover Sports club, he also helped Derby County Ladies FC.

5. Mr Morris is sponsoring (solely) the "Own The Region" grass roots football coaching which provides free equipment and professional football coaching for local senior schools. £400k last year.

Just a few area's that our "hardly a philanthropist" chairman has supported during his time here.  Couple that with transfer deals and the investment in the academy, training ground, stadium too, I'd say he's not done too bad.  Oh, don't forget buying the club in the first place too.

No sausage was exchanged in the process of gaining this information. 

Robert Maxwell saved the 1986 commonwealth games. 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Social media IE sausageter and bottom book serve what purpose? Are they monitored, obviously not.

You missed the most important thing, Mel didn't come across the worst post, his grandson did. 

Mel comes onto this forum, he checks social media to gauge fans view, to try and improve on aspects of the club for the fans. I am sure Mel has a thick skin and can take criticism, as long as it is not fabricated rubbish.

i blame social media and www no conequences in reality. most like to hide behind keyboards and wouldnt say a word face to face. its hapening in most walks of life thats why i dont bother with twitter facebook ect. i wouldnt give them the time of day or waste police time chasing petty crime just my opinion

On 14/10/2016 at 16:49, Boycie said:

I've had some information passed to me that outlines the charities and institutions that Mel Morris helps via donations.

1. If you go to the Princes Trust web site you will see that the Morris family are among just 15 or so Platinum Patrons in the UK. Most are major Banks and firms. Locally he also provides around £20k a month to support local (east midlands) under privileged kids with help. Nationally he is the sole sponsor of the Princes a Trust STEM project, this year alone £750k. This is helping 4,000 people.

2. This year he donated £10million to the MSTART charity (Medical, Sports, and Research Technology. This has provided financial support to young local sports people like Genevive Sommerville a brilliant young ice skater, Jay Clarke a great U18 tennis player, Ilkeston and Stanton Football club. It has also sponsored two local end of life cancer patients for pioneering immunotherapy treatment in Germany (£300k). It is also sponsoring research into advanced dialysis treatment being done locally by the Royal Detby and The University of Derby (£600k). 

3. Mel bought the robotic surgeon equipment for the Royal Derby which has saved countless lives since here in Derby. This cost £1.4million. He then bought them a second station to let them train more surgeons at a cost of £300k. And to top this off it costs him £55k a month to keep this going with consumables to allow local people to have 30+ life saving operations each month.

4. Mel also helped no end of local causes like the Colin Bloomer appeal. One of the main historic sponsors of Mickleover Sports club, he also helped Derby County Ladies FC.

5. Mr Morris is sponsoring (solely) the "Own The Region" grass roots football coaching which provides free equipment and professional football coaching for local senior schools. £400k last year.

Just a few area's that our "hardly a philanthropist" chairman has supported during his time here.  Couple that with transfer deals and the investment in the academy, training ground, stadium too, I'd say he's not done too bad.  Oh, don't forget buying the club in the first place too.

No sausage was exchanged in the process of gaining this information. 

4 hours ago, unclej said:

:blink:

9 hours ago, unclej said:

Ah, yes. The promise of £2 million, which turned out to be one eighth of that when push came to shove. I wonder which pensions fund that came from in the first place - a drop in the ocean compared to the £440 million he embezzled.

You're right - what a hero.

Of course you are looking elsewhere for the salient point I made.  Are entrepreneurial multi millionaires the right people to be owning and leading a football club?  I suggest we have had our fair share of behavior that they might call rational but we might call lunacy.  Some of that behavior has existed in South Wales, the North East and at either end of Brian Clough Way, The appointment of McClaren, a man who had either absolutely no idea or worse still no interest in how to turn around the decline that began in Feb 2014 and culminated in us losing to Reading at home in the final match of the season to leave us eighth.  A man who has, since then, failed miserably in the Premiership with Newcastle leading to him becoming sacked, again.  How do the most optimistic of you feel this is going to end? Huh? 

5 minutes ago, unclej said:

Are entrepreneurial multi millionaires the right people to be owning and leading a football club?

There is no going back on the path football has gone down, footballers cost millions to buy and thousands each week, to be remotely successful in competing at the top end of football I would say a entrepreneurial multi millionaire owner is a must have, the alternative is someone that wasn't born into money or very lucky on the lottery with zero knowledge of running a business. 

I know which I would rather have. 

Archived