Mel abuse

Woodley Ram

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, unclej said:

I think the bloke is insane, although I would never say it.  A philanthropist he is certainly not. He derives an astounding amount of control over the club, and that control hasnt always been wielded with much common sense.  We will know the truth eventually.  It will all come out. It always does.    

I've had some information passed to me that outlines the charities and institutions that Mel Morris helps via donations.

1. If you go to the Princes Trust web site you will see that the Morris family are among just 15 or so Platinum Patrons in the UK. Most are major Banks and firms. Locally he also provides around £20k a month to support local (east midlands) under privileged kids with help. Nationally he is the sole sponsor of the Princes a Trust STEM project, this year alone £750k. This is helping 4,000 people.

2. This year he donated £10million to the MSTART charity (Medical, Sports, and Research Technology. This has provided financial support to young local sports people like Genevive Sommerville a brilliant young ice skater, Jay Clarke a great U18 tennis player, Ilkeston and Stanton Football club. It has also sponsored two local end of life cancer patients for pioneering immunotherapy treatment in Germany (£300k). It is also sponsoring research into advanced dialysis treatment being done locally by the Royal Detby and The University of Derby (£600k). 

3. Mel bought the robotic surgeon equipment for the Royal Derby which has saved countless lives since here in Derby. This cost £1.4million. He then bought them a second station to let them train more surgeons at a cost of £300k. And to top this off it costs him £55k a month to keep this going with consumables to allow local people to have 30+ life saving operations each month.

4. Mel also helped no end of local causes like the Colin Bloomer appeal. One of the main historic sponsors of Mickleover Sports club, he also helped Derby County Ladies FC.

5. Mr Morris is sponsoring (solely) the "Own The Region" grass roots football coaching which provides free equipment and professional football coaching for local senior schools. £400k last year.

Just a few area's that our "hardly a philanthropist" chairman has supported during his time here.  Couple that with transfer deals and the investment in the academy, training ground, stadium too, I'd say he's not done too bad.  Oh, don't forget buying the club in the first place too.

No sausage was exchanged in the process of gaining this information. 

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I've had some information passed to me that outlines the charities and institutions that Mel Morris helps via donations.

1. If you go to the Princes Trust web site you will see that the Morris family are among just 15 or so Platinum Patrons in the UK. Most are major Banks and firms. Locally he also provides around £20k a month to support local (east midlands) under privileged kids with help. Nationally he is the sole sponsor of the Princes a Trust STEM project, this year alone £750k. This is helping 4,000 people.

2. This year he donated £10million to the MSTART charity (Medical, Sports, and Research Technology. This has provided financial support to young local sports people like Genevive Sommerville a brilliant young ice skater, Jay Clarke a great U18 tennis player, Ilkeston and Stanton Football club. It has also sponsored two local end of life cancer patients for pioneering immunotherapy treatment in Germany (£300k). It is also sponsoring research into advanced dialysis treatment being done locally by the Royal Detby and The University of Derby (£600k). 

3. Mel bought the robotic surgeon equipment for the Royal Derby which has saved countless lives since here in Derby. This cost £1.4million. He then bought them a second station to let them train more surgeons at a cost of £300k. And to top this off it costs him £55k a month to keep this going with consumables to allow local people to have 30+ life saving operations each month.

4. Mel also helped no end of local causes like the Colin Bloomer appeal. One of the main historic sponsors of Mickleover Sports club, he also helped Derby County Ladies FC.

5. Mr Morris is sponsoring (solely) the "Own The Region" grass roots football coaching which provides free equipment and professional football coaching for local senior schools. £400k last year.

Just a few area's that our "hardly a philanthropist" chairman has supported during his time here.  Couple that with transfer deals and the investment in the academy, training ground, stadium too, I'd say he's not done too bad.  Oh, don't forget buying the club in the first place too.

Well done Mel Morris. 

That's excellent stuff. Really is. 

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Trouble is, you're making the classic journalist mistake of allowing the facts to get in the way of a good story. 

20 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Yeah yeah, but apart from that, what has he ACTUALLY done for Derby? :-)

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well done Mel Morris. 

That's excellent stuff. Really is. 

I think we can say that he is, without a doubt, an absolute hero.

Crikey, at that rate of giving we'll be shopping in Scotland again soon enough!

Quite incredible, he could quite easily have retired abroad and spent more time with his money, instead he's putting back into the community he came from.

Awesome.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

'I hear you do a lot of work for Chhaaarriiťyy, Smashy'?  

'Quite right mate, but I really don't like to talk about it'...

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

Without wanting to sound like a political wot-not, what this says to me is that Mel morris is a very astute and enlightened man.

He has benefited hugely from the economic system which can ascribe vast monetary worth completely disproportionate to effort or societal benefit. 

He seems very aware of that and intelligent enough to realise that giving back is a truly enlightened course of action.

Immense respect to the man.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

don't go on the social media then you cannot be abused?

Oh dear. The stupid people are in the wrong here, just in case you forget. 

I understand  it was Mel's grandson who discovered a thick moron had said someone should behead his grandad. Just because you have a public figure in the family does it mean you shouldn't do what other people do? 

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

What a stupid opinion to hold. May as well say don't go out if you are a goth then you can't get abused.

Not really, why does Mel Morris need to go on social media?

Why does anybody go on social media?

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Oh dear. The stupid people are in the wrong here, just in case you forget. 

I understand  it was Mel's grandson who discovered a thick moron had said someone should behead his grandad. Just because you have a public figure in the family does it mean you shouldn't do what other people do? 

If you don't get involved then you cannot be hurt.

People jump from buildings, should every one else do the same?

No, every choice you make has a consequence.

If you wish to go on social media and you are in the spot light you will always get ****** making idiotic/ harmful statements.

Just don't go on.....

Choices.........

Archived