Mel abuse

Woodley Ram

9 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Social Media is the ideal platform for both keyboard warriors and Trolls, both equally rated as oxygen thiefs IMO.  

Chances are it's supporters of other clubs adding their vile opinions in the name of us "Rams for life" with their fake user names etc. 

I hardly think the 'supporters' that boo the team they are meant to support are from other clubs, Mel is perfect for the club, he just needs time and space and support to get it right. 

COYR

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, jono said:

Getting angry and full of outrage is best left to the daily mail or the SWP gazette. Much much better just to ignore first and laugh next. 

Bullies and extremist take themselves so seriously that laughter and mockery is often the best weapon. That and normal folk raising their heads over the parapet and dismissing them. 

Shaun Wright Phillps owns a gazette?  Who'd a thought it.

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not everyone on twitter is a bell end. But it's got to be 99%ish? 

It's basically a shooting range. You sign up to be a target or a shooter.

That last sentence for me Alpha is quite profound. That's EXACTLY what it is. All I plan to tell my kid when old enough to use the internet is that if you post something or post opinions, expect others to find fault with it and expect abuse and negativity, some of which is likely to be sick and disturbing. That's just the way it is. Loads of people who don't know one another bickering like 5 year olds on the internet and when someone doesn't agree with you believe me they'll let you know about it.

Ultimately it's all pointless so best just have banter and opinions with your actual friends and leave these sites well alone.

Just another platform for people to try and force their views on others.

13 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Takes a pathetic person to go on twitter and abuse someone over something like this. I pity the sort that do it, that they have nothing better to do with their time. Sad really.

Spot on.

The real tragedy is that some of these extremists actually expect others to agree with them and maybe, just maybe, give them a 'like'!

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not read the rest of this thread but I think it's disgusting the way people talk about Melanie Sykes. I don't care if she 87 years old, her modelling pics are ace. You go girl!

I would 20 years ago, and I would now.

She wouldn't then, and she wouldn't now.

I think the bloke is insane, although I would never say it.  A philanthropist he is certainly not. He derives an astounding amount of control over the club, and that control hasnt always been wielded with much common sense.  We will know the truth eventually.  It will all come out. It always does.    

4 hours ago, unclej said:

I think the bloke is insane, although I would never say it.  A philanthropist he is certainly not. He derives an astounding amount of control over the club, and that control hasnt always been wielded with much common sense.  We will know the truth eventually.  It will all come out. It always does.    

Err, you just did... in writing... on a public forum. I'm guessing you're on Twitter.

And the reason he 'derives an astounding amount of control' as you so eloquently put it, is because he is the owner and chairman of the club. Is he meant to just chuck in his millions and have them spent exclusively in a fashion that keeps you happy?

In fact, are you even a Derby supporter? Reading your posts it's pretty hard to tell really.

7 hours ago, unclej said:

How do you know how much money he gives away to charity?

please do tell.

7 hours ago, unclej said:

I'm sorry but I don't see that calling him insane is much better. Making an insult in less reactionary language doesn't make it less of an insult 

8 hours ago, unclej said:

jeez, really? almost lost for words

as a half fan I just see a guy who has sat through the 5hit football of the last 18 months and is not enjoying it, like 27000 others.  Thing is he is trying to do something about, Mac is brave decision but I get the thinking, if we ain't getting promoted this season well lets have some entertainment

9 hours ago, unclej said:

The fact that you wrote it, presumably not under duress, is no different.

I really do despair at some of our so called fan base.

Yes we have an owner who clearly has not got all his decisions correct, unfortunately like the rest of us he happens to be human and with that particular trait comes the fact that we deal with issues with both heart and head depending of our mood at the time. 

Ok it does not always look professional and can on occasions look more knee jerk than it should, but basically he got involved because he is first a foremost a fan, just like us.

So please tone it down, stop being so super analytical and lets just start to enjoy our team and its football again.

Archived