Mel abuse

Woodley Ram

Just read the DT and apparently Mel was getting some nasty stuff on social media, we live in a free world it's fine to disagree with him but it should never be nasty or personal, like us he supports the Rams and wants the best, even if he didn't it's out of order. 

This is even worse than the booing ,  please stop both now ( yes I know both relate to a minority )

born a Ram, always Ram ( just like Mel)

ps Mel please give Mac a chance 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who participate in this behaviour are clearly a bit thick.

Mel can't win, if we lose at the iPro and the team puts in a poor performance a chorus of boo's ring out with the radio Derby phone in full of doomsday scale predictions on the state of the players and the club. He makes a decision and try to brighten horizons and its determined he should never have sacked the manager and the club is a laughing stock.

Is painful to listen to derby fans at times.

I couldn't agree more.

Them as can do, them as can't love to throw stones at them as can and do!

Mel, Mac, and other movers and shakers expect a level of opposition but need support and encouragement.

Derby County could be on the brink of great things but without a groundswell of support from 30,000 plus fans it will never bear fruit.

Don't let a few doubters and hecklers spoil this exciting  prospect.

End of sermon.

We all disagree on things. 

And i've seen far too many people on twitter gunning for Mel personally and that "be-heading" tweet was way too far. 

I mean if you look through my twitter, I like to have a pop at the club and have a laugh with funny pictures but threatening to kill someone is way to far. 

Hope that fans realise the fine line of banter and stupidity. 

Of course i'm the banter king so I know the line ;).

Would love one of the abusers to be brave enough to post on here with their justification for doing it.

Won't happen because if anyone says anything bad to them they will start crying and shout for mummy.

8 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I can imagine the divs slating Mel at the moment are the same bandwagon jumpers who splashed out on a season ticket when Schteve came back the first time.  Tossers...

You mean when we started winning? nowhere to be seen when we were crap....and then it goes a bit wrong and they jump up and down like spoilt brats.

Any form of abuse directed towards Mel is absolutely absurd imo, pathetic from some of our followers. Sure Mel may have made a few mistakes but he's a bloody good owner who cares about the club and has real ambition, he's hardly some dodgy three amigos esque owner dragging the club down for his own gain is he?!

There are a lot of these people in the world. Most of them aren't clever enough to use social media but they are out there, lots of them. 

They are the cannon fodder used by extremists on the left and the right politically. They all have a simplistic view of life, are easily manipulated and answer to whichever part of their brain works on pure instinct. I honestly believe their higher functions are just not very developed. These are the people that rabble rousers rouse, they are the mob that gets whipped up. They get used for other people's agendas. They are dangerous and sad at the same time. On their own they are just as bad, just  less effective. In short they are thick .. Dangerous, nasty, but thick. We need to keep them at a distance but they also need our help. 

:ph34r: :whistle: 

This is awful, and so cowardly , i don't always agree with Mel or  people on this forum, but I would never sink  so low, yes booing and abusing anyone connected with our great club is a sad individual, And needs to get a life. Now let's all get behind the players, the manager, the owner and everyone else at the club, and drive us onto victory against Leeds. Once a ram always a ram.

9 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Social Media is the ideal platform for both keyboard warriors and Trolls, both equally rated as oxygen thiefs IMO.  

Chances are it's supporters of other clubs adding their vile opinions in the name of us "Rams for life" with their fake user names etc. 

Totally agree. No rightminded high profile figure should even consider having any sort of social media account. They should be above all that. Just boneheads hurling abuse instead of maybe writing him a letter with constructive comments. Most probably can't write though so type instead.

He should sue some of these people tbh.

17 minutes ago, jono said:

There are a lot of these people in the world. Most of them aren't clever enough to use social media but they are out there, lots of them. 

They are the cannon fodder used by extremists on the left and the right politically. They all have a simplistic view of life, are easily manipulated and answer to whichever part of their brain works on pure instinct. I honestly believe their higher functions are just not very developed. These are the people that rabble rousers rouse, they are the mob that gets whipped up. They get used for other people's agendas. They are dangerous and sad at the same time. On their own they are just as bad, just  less effective. In short they are thick .. Dangerous, nasty, but thick. We need to keep them at a distance but they also need our help. 

:ph34r: :whistle: 

Thing that does my head in is that they are quick to criticise but never do anything constructive or positive to help or get their point across. Its as if by calling someone a c**t they seem to think it has greater weight in making him take notice.

The obsession some sections of our society have for using social media to post endless opinions, none of which ultimately matter is incredible.

Is there really nothing else to do in life?

I'm sure Sir Tim Berners-Lee didn't have these skanks in mind when he invented the internet, it's a shame it isn't skankproof but what can you do ?

Maybe posting bile makes them feel good for a couple of seconds and gives them a temporary escape from their miserable existences, who knows ?

Getting angry and full of outrage is best left to the daily mail or the SWP gazette. Much much better just to ignore first and laugh next. 

Bullies and extremist take themselves so seriously that laughter and mockery is often the best weapon. That and normal folk raising their heads over the parapet and dismissing them. 

Archived