Thank you Chris Powell

JaguarRam

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

So... I'm surprised we have not got a statue then. 

Wow you are so negative!!!! 

Name some people you would describe as legends (with a catch, you have to have been alive to see them) because for a lot of people the Jim Smith era is the pinnacle of what we've seen from Derby so they are legends...

9 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Wow you are so negative!!!! 

Name some people you would describe as legends (with a catch, you have to have been alive to see them) because for a lot of people the Jim Smith era is the pinnacle of what we've seen from Derby so they are legends...

Why do I have to be alive to see them? What other restrictions do you want to add? What a strange post?

I might be 95.. 

A legend would be an icon of the club I guess. Bloomer along those lines. How many people will be talking about Chris bloody Powell in 30 years time? 

The OP was an attempt to get some quick likes.. Look at me praising CP.. everybody hit the like button.

It worked by the way, which is pretty sad imo.

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Why do I have to be alive to see them? What other restrictions do you want to add? What a strange post?

I might be 95.. 

A legend would be an icon of the club I guess. Bloomer along those lines. How many people will be talking about Chris bloody Powell in 30 years time? 

The OP was an attempt to get some quick likes.. Look at me praising CP.. everybody hit the like button.

It worked by the way, which is pretty sad imo.

It was recognition for the way he had handled himself... Who cares if people liked it? 

And because for people in their 20's like myself the glory days were with Jim Smith at the helm so that team are considered by many as legends in the same way Hector and McFarland are by older fans/all fans  due to how the older fans talk about them.

you say in 30 years who will be talking about them but it is 20 years since Powell, Eranio, Wanchope, Simmo, Stimac etc and people are still gushing over them...

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

It was recognition for the way he had handled himself... Who cares if people liked it? 

And because for people in their 20's like myself the glory days were with Jim Smith at the helm so that team are considered by many as legends in the same way Hector and McFarland are by older fans/all fans  due to how the older fans talk about them.

you say in 30 years who will be talking about them but it is 20 years since Powell, Eranio, Wanchope, Simmo, Stimac etc and people are still gushing over them...

It was OTT... Okay you are in your 20s, i'm in my 50s, calling someone a legend for not very much apart from being an okay player is wrong.

Now Le Tiss would qualify from recent memory for the Saints.

Archived