Thank you Chris Powell

JaguarRam

This is getting silly. Legendary silly.

barry powell was a bit of a scape goat if we are honest.

we paid over the odds for an average player, but his crime was that he wasn't archie gemmill or bruce rioch etc.

billy caskey? What did we expect from a budget buy from the irish league? He wasn't going to be charlie George was he?

chris powell was a very good left back once he settled. Great bloke. 

If we'd walked out in support of nigel Pearson we could have had a mini-crisis.

i do feel a bit of sympathy for simmo and eric though.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Certainly be better than Chris Powell.. Average player, average manager, average coach. If that's where you set your bar.. :lol:

I'd agree with average manager and coach, far from being a poor one and I think he'll do well here under Mac.

But Average player?, not for me, he was superb for us under Smith and sorely missed when we sold him.

21 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I'd agree with average manager and coach, far from being a poor one and I think he'll do well here under Mac.

But Average player?, not for me, he was superb for us under Smith and sorely missed when we sold him.

Hardy stuff of legends though.

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

I'll go with this too and the O.P's sentiment, paid or not Chris Powell has been and is a pretty good servant to have around, certainly missed him when he left as a player, he was more than average at the time in the Premiership.

Legend in most people's eyes? Nah, just a decent, honest and likeable bloke. Glad he's here.

48 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Yep.. Never let us down I'd agree but outstanding? No.. Did nothing wrong, solid.. So average.

Ceratinly would not get anywhere near any DCFC legends team.

667 club appearances, 5 international appearances. Think he was a bit better than average to be fair.

Agree not in the legends bracket though.

Chris Powell was an excellent player for us in our most successful period in recent times.

As our history of success is so incredibly diverse it's difficult to identify legends outside of the championship winning sides of the 70s. How do clubs with less success in their past measure legendary status? Do they not have legends on the grounds that they never won anything?

Needless to say I don't think Powell is in the legendary status but he's certainly a cut above average and the best left back we've had at the club whilst I've been watching. He's one of the few players in the last 20 years to represent England whilst playing for us (I can think of one other) so I think to call him average as a player is needlessly harsh!

Good bloke, learning his trade as a manager, thankful that it was him having to pick up the pieces of the Pearson debacle. Hope he works well with Mac, I'm sure he will.

7 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Where's that poster who insisted that Chris Powell betrayed Pearson, and was after the manager's job?

hmm there was a forest fan on Twitter who kept going on about him being a traitor to pearson and a snake, do we have a rogue ram amongst us on here?!

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Was he our last 'current' player to be an England international? 

I'm not sure, but I think that was Sethlad.

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Was he our last 'current' player to be an England international? 

No, his caps came after he left us.

I think Seth was the last capped England international whilst still at Derby.

Archived