Samsung admit they make rubbish phones

David

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've exclusively had smartphones for the last 12 years. In 2004 I drove all over southern Spain navigating with my Nokia 6600 with Tomtom installed using an external bluetooth GPS receiver, It worked great. 

Three years later when Apple launched the modestly featured Iphone, I purchased the Nokia N95 with built-in GPS (with maps), WiFi, 5 megapixel camera, built-in radio, 3.5g, accelerometer, usb, HD video recording and expandable memory. 

Apple has constantly followed the field rather than leading it, technology wise. Samsung has tended towards the cutting edge with the risk that if you push too far you can go over the edge, which seems to have happened with the Note 7.

I make no bones about the fact that my last 2 phones have been the Note 2 (4 years old and still working great, now with its third owner) and my Note 4 I've had for nearly 2 years. The only problem I've had with either of them was on the Note 2 after 3 and a half years the USB port failed, I replaced the USB board myself, 5 quid of Ebay and half an hour of my time to replace.

When I get a new phone I don't want same old, same old I want to be excited by it and amazed with it. My two Notes have done that for me for the last 4 years now I'll look for an upgrade based on the same criteria. Sorry my fruity Apple friends it won't be you, you are just too dull and so yesterday.

I think the trouble with phones of any flavour, is that they've just kind of peaked about two or three years ago. 

Sure, the next one may have a faster processor and so on, but I'm not sure how much difference that makes in everyday life. 

Cameras have probably improved a lot. I'm not interested. I'd happily buy a smart phone that didn't have a camera, if it reduced the cost. 

Archived