Samsung admit they make rubbish phones

David

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

No idea why anyone would buy either of them. Both companies clearly taking the pi$$. 

They could probably sell their top phones for £200 or less, and still make massive profits. Their profit figures alone should tell you to steer clear. And as for the 'it just works'  stuff. Have you ever been in one of their shops and seen the queue for help and training? 

Oh yeah I don't think anyone can deny you that both are making huge profits, however in my experience I haven't had any issues with my iPhone and the attention to detail is excellent on it, so much that I took the plunge and got a watch haha...

Not looking for a bite, just showing that if it hadn't been for the Samsung battery issue, the current issues that Apple are having would be higher profile than they are.  I have an iPhone 6, it does the job and is reliable apart from the **** battery, however it's boring, it's the basically the same format as the iPhone 1,2,3,4,5, the same icons, the same button layout, everything the same, and has taken the fun out of mobiles.

I got a text today saying I'm due my upgrade and do I want an iPhone 7, but apart from not being able to plug in earphones, it will be the same, press the same button, swipe across blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

30 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Not looking for a bite, just showing that if it hadn't been for the Samsung battery issue, the current issues that Apple are having would be higher profile than they are.  I have an iPhone 6, it does the job and is reliable apart from the **** battery, however it's boring, it's the basically the same format as the iPhone 1,2,3,4,5, the same icons, the same button layout, everything the same, and has taken the fun out of mobiles.

I got a text today saying I'm due my upgrade and do I want an iPhone 7, but apart from not being able to plug in earphones, it will be the same, press the same button, swipe across blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Genuine question. Why do you have it? 

25 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Genuine question. Why do you have it? 

It's reliable, boring yes, but I know that if I have any problems with it, it has got good support and at the end of the day it does what it says on the tin.

13 hours ago, jono said:

My toothbrush has wireless charging but it can't make calls or take photos. Can someone develope an ap ? I mean, I drop it, I douse it in water every day and I think it's 7 years old. Oh and it was 20 quid :ph34r:

You can't make calls on it? What kind of a toothbrush is that?

14 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

You can't make calls on it? What kind of a toothbrush is that?

It was all my poor old mum and dad could afford. This is why they have school uniforms so us disadvantaged kids don't get picked on. 

The first smartphone I had was a HTC Desire and although it started off great, after a year or so I was having to perform a hard reset every 2 weeks due to virus', bloatware and battery problems.  Plus the fact that Android is so customize-able & shared among so many phone makers, means that every app you could get easily on Apple could take months to become available on my Desire because developers had to contend with each manufacturer's skins and screen sizes.

I swapped to a 4s and haven't looked back.  Everything just works, exactly as it should do, every time.  The only problem I did have was with the screen on my 6s would go so dark as to look like it had turned off.  Took it the Apple Store in Meadowhall and they replaced it there & then for no charge as it was under warranty, I was in there 10 mins.  It dawned on me a couple of days later that the problem was down to me buggering up one of the sensors by putting it face down in a breast pocket when I went jogging, my sweat is obviously strong stuff...

Archived