POLL: Chris Powell.

Mostyn6

Where do you stand on Chris Powell - Derby manager?  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

there's always one!

God knows how you managed with only IN or OUT at Brexit! :lol: 

Turns out there are several

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Unfortunately I had to vote "disaster waiting to happen". That's not truly representative of where I stand but probably closest. 

Ideally we could ask CP to take control while we get ourselves sorted. No pressure, probably just until Christmas as all other options are assessed. If in that time he instigates real progress- then he'll be under consideration for the job.

But what I'd really like to see, now or in the very near future, is someone coming in with a plan, probably a young manager with a footballing brain who's crying out for an exciting project. Someone with a clear vision who'll get the players excited & wanting to be a part of Derby County.

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

A bit daft really. I would be quite happy to have CP in charge while we interview for the job. Happy for CP to be interviewed as well but my preference would not be him; certainly not a disaster waiting to happen. I most certainly wouldn't want Rowett here, BCFC is a good fit for him.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

I voted get someone now. Not that I believe it will end in disaster as such, just that it won't get us to where everyone wants and expects. I'm not happy to keep writing of seasons. I'd like something to happen now and be at least be the basis of a good attempt at promotion next season if it doesn't work this year. No point having a placeholder for yet more upheaval in a few months. Made me wonder if things would have been different if NP took over in February not summer.

28 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

None of the above options for me, its all dependant on what MM plans are for the club, however I don't see the point of giving him the job until the end of the season.  If he believes he is the right man for the job, why place a period of uncertainty over his head and restrict him in the job he is doing.  He will be fighting for his job from the outset, making decisions that if he had a longer contract may not necessarily make, could he tell MM his true thoughts, or would he be wary of the yearly review that would take place to decide if he is good enough.

You also have a transfer window wedged in there, where if he is not the long term choice, will bring in and see players go, that could be a replica of what happened last season.  It's also a period of 9 months where a manager can come in, embed his ideas and moguls the playing style for next season, be this Powell or another.

i don't think he is a disaster to happen, I'll think he will fit in well with the players and especially the owner, he won't rock the boat, we will however have another wasted season, and it will be like going back to the NC days, so I'd be in the could do better with another appointment option.

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Joke poll. Options 2,3, and 4 are pretty much the same. If you think he should be given until Jan then what do you pick? If you think we should keep him caretaking until we find someone asap (in a week or so?) then what do you choose. 

Offer better polls otherwise we play along and assume it's just a big make fun of DCFC, the fans and the owner joke poll.

:whistle:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

I've wanted Rowett all along, but he will probably want to complete the job with Brum.

Make Chris Powell the full-time manager and allow him to do what he is contracted to do without interfering.

But it still could be Rowett please 

11 minutes ago, sage said:

Turns out there are several

:whistle:

In my defence, a request was made by a poster who is unable to create polls. I just followed the request... THEN... I knew there are people out there who were destined to have an opinion not covered in the options requested, so I tried to cover the options the majority would opt for. It was naive of me to think that someone out there would think of something which translated roughly to "I don't like Powell, but cannot justify why...maybe I'm racist!" :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

In my defence, a request was made by a poster who is unable to create polls. I just followed the request... THEN... I knew there are people out there who were destined to have an opinion not covered in the options requested, so I tried to cover the options the majority would opt for. It was naive of me to think that someone out there would think of something which translated roughly to "I don't like Powell, but cannot justify why...maybe I'm racist!" :ph34r:

and some people want to legalise drugs :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Only someone a bit special would see any value in keeping a manager until January, and then bringing someone else in during a transfer window, thus wasting the time (between NOW and January) which would allow a new manager to assess the squad, ultimately leaving the new manager time for panic purchases!

Oh... it's you.

Stop making excuses and do a proper poll. It was ill conceived.

If he is given it and wants it well that would be the biggest job he is likely to get in management  and if we are honest what a fantastic opportunity for him, he did really well at charlton and ok at Huddersfield but the one big difference should be that he will have better players here than where he has been in the past with the opportunity to spend money rather than having to sell to survive 

big oppourtunity for him 

If the right candidate isn't available & we can't afford to pay compensation to another club he should be given the job for the time being, perhaps on the proviso that if a preferred candidate becomes available he has the option of remaining assistant manager if he desires.  He's a good manager who had a good record at Charlton until their idiot chairman decided to import a load of players from his other club, and he did ok at Huddersfield with a limited budget.  Let's face it, in two matches he's done more to encourage the players to play the right way than the previous incumbent managed in the last 5 months...

2 hours ago, toddy said:

It doesn't really matter who comes in as some will fu%king moan anyway.

The issue is are we looking to steady the ship till the summer or bring someone in permanently? And will he get time?

I thought Pearson was the right man, but as everything wrong within the club has been blamed on him, I was wrong.

So logic tells you we bring in a replacement and we go flying up the table as the obstacle has been removed. 

Apathy state of indifference.......

It sounds a bit similar to how you treated Wassall really

Ironic isn't it 

Imo Powell should be considered along with all other candidates who could potentially fill the job. Each I'm sure have their own advantages and disadvantages, obviously one of Powells advantages is that he's been around the club for a while and obviously has played for us so he knows the current players and the club- but that doesn't nessercerily make him the best candidate for the job.

I think employing Powell could go any way tbh he could be a real success, or he could fail but that's the same with most managers. Simply put, if there's a better candidate employ them, if Powells the best give him the job, and if he does get it he should be treated like any other manager imo- even if only on a contract until the end of the season. If things go well he keeps the job, if things go wrong we sack him and get someone else in, whether that's after 15 games or 100. It's not the time for an interim manager, we can't give up on the season yet by telling someone they've got a definitive length of how long they'll run the team for, imo that will only demotivate the players knowing that the manager won't be here beyond the end of the season, but will have the job till then no matter how things go

whoever gets the job has got the rest of the season to sort out this mess , from sorting out which players are good enough and want to play for us , getting a style of play that suits our squad , and being open and honest with the fans , the person who gets the job must have our complete backing , vocal support and patience to help him start planting the shoots of recovery , Even though we stand no chance of getting him , for what its worth my choice would be Chris Hughton , ticks all the right boxes for me in what we want to achieve

I went give him till the end of the season to see (a) how he fares, and (b) I believe the list of candidates available at this time of the season is quite limited and I think the next appointment is crucial, they have got to get it right.

I wouldn't mind a new manager coming in with a new back room staff, old Pascal hasn't improved Carson's distribution which I think is a basic requisite, and maybe Phillips could have made a better contribution this season.

It would be great if Powell could make the job his own, I think he is one of footballs good guys but I'm not optimistic.

I have voted the final option as in it don't really matter as we are getting closer to sacking them before they are even appointed ,,, I am stunned beyond belief that a fair amount say give him till the end of the season?.?? That can only be justified by the criteria of you are far from convinced that he can do the job well but are open to give him a shot cause he's explayer,nice bloke ,and the crazy idea that because he's been assistant for the sum total of two months he knows the players and club as is now so brings the holy grail of continuity and stability ( madness ,he's been here five minutes and been working with Pearson and his ethos which most ,Mel included wanted out) , then let's take it a step further ,we are going a whole season and having to install a manager under the same situation as Pearson in terms of coming in having to asses the squad from pre season and old videos , have no time to use the window properly to shape his team and squad then be expected to hit the ground running by luck or just revert to the way the players ,fans and mel think is the answer ???   Madness, madness,bloody madness ,more wasted time and another manager set up to fail ,,,,answer ? Accept we are lost,confused ,in no mans land and rudderless ,pick the man you believe can do the the job ,, employ him right away and let him get on with the job NOW , the sooner we start the journey the sooner we will arrive ,,, sorry Mel have been right behind you but this is baxxxks and needs sorting now

I can't see the logic in getting Powell in as an interim to review how he does at the end of the season whether to give him the job long term or not. Another manager the players need to get used to, another season wasted. If we're sure about Powell then give him the job on a permanent basis, if we don't it means the club isn't sure about his credentials so get someone in whom they are prepared to back long term. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

It sounds a bit similar to how you treated Wassall really

Ironic isn't it 

Hands up, on Wassall. I actually thought he was the issue relating to some of the awful performances we had under him.

I have realized the players are the ones who let Wassall down and they are the same ones currently residing this season.

But as the issues we have had this season have been blamed on Pearson, we should now see performances improve dramatically and go on a winning run?

After all the culprit has now gone............

Archived