POLL: Chris Powell.

Mostyn6

Where do you stand on Chris Powell - Derby manager?  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

I personally love Chris Powell.

If anyone went to the Blackburn game would know after warming the team up, he played 1 on 1 with the ball boys and eventually went into the changing rooms to a round of applause. He got emotional in his first press conference as manager.

There is no doubt Powell is Derby through and through, I say give him the reigns for the end of the season.

I cant see us getting top 6 now so lets build this Derby Way under Powell

Sorry he's Charlton through and through  when we played them on Sky a couple of years ago he was all Charlton .Just because he is emotional and plays with ball boys doesn't make him the man for the job .I do like your sentiment and not having a go but he's to weak for that nest of vipers.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit daft really. I would be quite happy to have CP in charge while we interview for the job. Happy for CP to be interviewed as well but my preference would not be him; certainly not a disaster waiting to happen. I most certainly wouldn't want Rowett here, BCFC is a good fit for him.

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

I'm afraid it will  all end in tears again if Chris Powell is appointed even though he's a really nice guy  

I want Rowett but it will be Powell I would imagine according to the bookies. 

What has Rowett achieved yet?

I voted get someone now. Not that I believe it will end in disaster as such, just that it won't get us to where everyone wants and expects. I'm not happy to keep writing of seasons. I'd like something to happen now and be at least be the basis of a good attempt at promotion next season if it doesn't work this year. No point having a placeholder for yet more upheaval in a few months. Made me wonder if things would have been different if NP took over in February not summer.

Can't keep giving people untill the end of the season ! Need a coach , with a vision ! If the club see powell as the man then so be it ! I'll back him ! 

Failing that if we're going to build a philosophy "the Derby way" we need a steady back room staff and a director of football role created then a head coach who builds into the vision . Kind of like Southampton s set up ! 

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

What has Rowett achieved yet?

It's only my opinion but he was largely responsible for Burton Albions success before Jimmy Floyd and Nigel .

He has done well at Brum with a small budget. 

Largely irrelevant though Eddie as Birmingham would have to give permission for him to talk to Derby and I doubt they would want to lose him  

PS Read you article about  Reading going backwards this morning lol  and enjoyed the read  

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Can you conceive of a level of competence higher than disaster and lower than the very best we can get? 

only if you can name the very best we can get and what makes that person better option than Powell...

So.. No! lol

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

how do you know Powell isn't all of that?

Yeah I really hope he is. I'd like him to be given a chance to show what he can do and outline a plan for the future. 

But I'd never have considered him before and I'm worried that he might be appointed based on popularity.

I know the players like him, I don't think there'll be any 'disaster' under him, but will the players buy into his long term vision? Does he have a long term vision?Are our best players, Will for example, going to buy in to what CP brings to Derby? 

If I was a betting man - I'd put a lot more money on Gary Rowett achieving real success with Derby, than Chris Powell.

Give him until the end of the season and see what happens.

He has managerial experience at this level albeit gained at struggling clubs with limited resources. If he can bring unity among the playing staff and get us playing to somewhere near our potential then great, it'd be good to see a nice guy succeeding. 

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

only if you can name the very best we can get and what makes that person better option than Powell...

So.. No! lol

Very Donald Trump like.

I could name some better (in my opinion) managers we could probably get. Whether they are the best we can get is open to interpretation. 

I will give you one obvious example.  I think Rowett is a better manager than Powell, We could probably get him. Whether he is the best we could get is debatable. That doesn't make Powell a disaster.  

I think Laudrup could be better than Rowett. But could we get him. If we could it doesn't make Rowett a disaster. 

I think Hughton is more likely to succeed than Laudrup.  It doesn't make Laudrup a disaster.

I don't think in headlines. 

19 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Unfortunately I had to vote "disaster waiting to happen". That's not truly representative of where I stand but probably closest. 

Ideally we could ask CP to take control while we get ourselves sorted. No pressure, probably just until Christmas as all other options are assessed. If in that time he instigates real progress- then he'll be under consideration for the job.

But what I'd really like to see, now or in the very near future, is someone coming in with a plan, probably a young manager with a footballing brain who's crying out for an exciting project. Someone with a clear vision who'll get the players excited & wanting to be a part of Derby County.

Probably why we went for Clement.

Sadly he didn't buy into it.

It doesn't really matter who comes in as some will fu%king moan anyway.

The issue is are we looking to steady the ship till the summer or bring someone in permanently? And will he get time?

I thought Pearson was the right man, but as everything wrong within the club has been blamed on him, I was wrong.

So logic tells you we bring in a replacement and we go flying up the table as the obstacle has been removed. 

Apathy state of indifference.......

Gets me how fans think that Powell had no input regarding team affairs as assistant manager. 

Really are you kidding me. 

Brian Clough never asked Peter Taylor of course he did Taylor was a massive influence on Brian as his assistant  

Clough and Taylor worked better than anything  

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

This smacks of fans choosing on here  like they did with Pearson. 

Pearson was fans No1 choice and it looks like Powell will be. 

Mel Morris should think very carefully before appointing a manager this time as he can't afford another mistake. 

I'm pretty sure he can (afford one). What is the worst thing that happens if the next manager doesn't get us promoted?

Archived