An idea for some positive PR for the club

Bridgford Ram

It can't be put into place until the start of next season I am afraid but I have thought of a couple of things the club could do to improve it's image and relationship with the fans.  Both of these are inspired by the NFL I am watching at the moment.

Firstly the club should have a fully pink 3rd kit to be worn on the nearest away game to Breast Cancer awareness week.  I think this'd be a great seller amongst the fans and a percentage of the sales could go to the charity.  Maybe even have Cancer Research as a one off sponsor (if Just Eat allow).

Secondly the club should allow fans to vote for a retro design for the away kit.  Offer a short list - perhaps the amber Patrick kit design, the blue check Maxwell kit, maybe the yellow Puma kit (all with Just Eat as the sponsor).

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's that light Palermo pink I'm ok with that. Not that garish pink that Everton had though. 

Considering it's a men's football team and most of the crowd are men I'd rather see all the players with moustaches in November, bearing in mind that breast cancer research receives a hell of a lot more funding than prostate cancer  research.

No reason they can't do both though.

50 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

It can't be put into place until the start of next season I am afraid but I have thought of a couple of things the club could do to improve it's image and relationship with the fans.  Both of these are inspired by the NFL I am watching at the moment.

Firstly the club should have a fully pink 3rd kit to be worn on the nearest away game to Breast Cancer awareness week.  I think this'd be a great seller amongst the fans and a percentage of the sales could go to the charity.  Maybe even have Cancer Research as a one off sponsor (if Just Eat allow).

Secondly the club should allow fans to vote for a retro design for the away kit.  Offer a short list - perhaps the amber Patrick kit design, the blue check Maxwell kit, maybe the yellow Puma kit (all with Just Eat as the sponsor).

I've been thinking about this. I would like a retro looking third kit maybe based on the original colours and if it possible have it released at the start of a sponsorship so it can last 3 years. Make it the quality of rugby tops and charge an extra £5. 

I agree firmly with the cancer researched based kit. Anything supporting a charity I'm well supportive of.Like stringer bell said above it would have to be a lighter shade of pink fit to work well.

Not so sure on the retro design kit though because how would you get fans to vote on it? You would just get fans from other teams hijacking it and deliberately choosing the ugliest kit, like we did on this forum if I re-call correctly a while back with the Millwall kit :lol:

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I agree firmly with the cancer researched based kit. Anything supporting a charity I'm well supportive of.Like stringer bell said above it would have to be a lighter shade of pink fit to work well.

Not so sure on the retro design kit though because how would you get fans to vote on it? You would just get fans from other teams hijacking it and deliberately choosing the ugliest kit, like we did on this forum if I re-call correctly a while back with the Millwall kit :lol:

Easily solved by only allowing votes from people with a DCFC customer ID

14 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

If it's that light Palermo pink I'm ok with that. Not that garish pink that Everton had though. 

Considering it's a men's football team and most of the crowd are men I'd rather see all the players with moustaches in November, bearing in mind that breast cancer research receives a hell of a lot more funding than prostate cancer  research.

No reason they can't do both though.

That Palermo pink instigated by the Nottinghamshire ornithologist Joseph Whitaker? Preference for moustaches?

Do you own a middle eastern air conditioning company?

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Easily solved by only allowing votes from people with a DCFC customer ID

I suppose that would be the most sensible way of doing it but then you would get lots of complaints from non season ticket holders. The club wouldn't be able to win if they did that.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I suppose that would be the most sensible way of doing it but then you would get lots of complaints from non season ticket holders. The club wouldn't be able to win if they did that.

you can get a customer id without buying a season ticket. it would cut any chance of a boaty mcboatface moment. 

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You don't need to have a season ticket to have a customer ID - just means you have bought tickets from club. Seems reasonable to me that you have to be a customer to vote. 

Love the breast cancer awareness pink kit idea - that would be a very cool and worthwhile statement.

I sponsored my local under 18's team last year and made them wear a pink nike kit - it looked frikkin awesome but the lads hated it :)

24 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

That Palermo pink instigated by the Nottinghamshire ornithologist Joseph Whitaker? Preference for moustaches?

Do you own a middle eastern air conditioning company?

Is this bloke

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Whitaker_(naturalist)

and this bloke 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Whitaker_(ornithologist)

the same person?

19 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Really is, love the way it's just none stop action, who's your team ? 

Tampa Bay, but only because in my three trips to the US (all to Florida / Disney) the only NFL city I have been to was Tampa.  I didn't quite realise how bad they were when I picked.

How about you?

Archived