UFO's and Ghosts

Tony Le Mesmer

There has never been 100% nailed on evidence that either ghosts or extra terrestrial beings exist. However statistics, probability and science tell me the latter is more likely to be true than the former. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ladyram said:

I'll tell you one thing from my experience, and that was seeing this ghost, actually looking at it, having enough time to pay attention to it, noticing details about clothing - and even fine embroidery stitching- and trying to prove my eyes wrong while I did it, was a very strange feeling indeed.... imagine that for a moment please.

It really was an extraordinary thing.

apologies ladyram. I thought you were joking in your previous post. Sounds terrifying.

1 hour ago, David said:

If there was conclusive evidence that they exist this question would never be raised would it?

I've not meant to insult anyone in this thread, I've only posted my opinion same as others.

Could easily flip it and say I'm insulted you're telling me that there are things flying around up there that I'm too thick to see?

I do believe there is life out there, even if it's just plants, not the green guitar pick shaped head and big eyes seen in comics. 

UFO's, unidentified objects that's all, drones, planes, helicopters, optical illusions. Open to be proven wrong if conclusive evidence is out there.

My little friends on the craft say hello

raf,220x200,075,f,101010:01c5ca27c6.u7.j

Yes I have seen a ghost. It was a woman, not in old historical clothes, but in maybe 1930's clothes standing in my bedroom. I was not mistaken, the dog also saw her and was lying with hackles raised staring. You can scoff if you like, but my experience with the medium is more sensitive so I won't post that but it does offend me that people may think I'm disturbed for believing it. 

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

apologies ladyram. I thought you were joking in your previous post. Sounds terrifying.

Did you? Lol 

Nah, wasn't joking, I know what I saw. Funny thing was, I told Dav who scoffed (nowt like a blokes bloke eh) who said worra loada shyte, then a few weeks later he saw her and promptly turned as pale as she was. 

Still a loada shyte Dav?? :lol: 

But it wasn't terrifying, I just looked at her in silent fascination. She moved across the room (can't say she walked, just appeared to move without moving) then slowly faded. It was dare I say, quite startling but not a bit scary.

until someone can explain things like the geometrical perfection of the pyramids and the drawings that depict 10ft tall blue people as gods from the skies (that are 1000s of years old), I have to remain open minded.

There's a really thought-provoking set of documentaries on History channels or similar called Ancient Aliens which is worth watching.

3 hours ago, David said:

If there was conclusive evidence that they exist this question would never be raised would it?

I've not meant to insult anyone in this thread, I've only posted my opinion same as others.

Could easily flip it and say I'm insulted you're telling me that there are things flying around up there that I'm too thick to see?

I do believe there is life out there, even if it's just plants, not the green guitar pick shaped head and big eyes seen in comics. 

UFO's, unidentified objects that's all, drones, planes, helicopters, optical illusions. Open to be proven wrong if conclusive evidence is out there.

Nigel saw drones. Allegedly. 

33 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

until someone can explain things like the geometrical perfection of the pyramids and the drawings that depict 10ft tall blue people as gods from the skies (that are 1000s of years old), I have to remain open minded.

There's a really thought-provoking set of documentaries on History channels or similar called Ancient Aliens which is worth watching.

I am a sceptic about many of the "unexplained" stories but that doesn't mean everything has been explained. 

We have a civilisation that isn't recorded much beyond 7,000 years which isn't really very much. On top of that cross referenced documention doesn't stretch back much further than 3,000 years. There is more to discover in China but the bottom line is that the start point seems only a sneeze away. Then consider what has happened in the 250 years since James Watt did his steam engine thing and it begs an answer. There is something missing from our knowledge of ourselves and I would love to know more about it. 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Polaris, and competent builders for a start.  Seems more plausible than aliens flying around the galaxy helping primitive species with their various civil engineering projects.  And then leaving without a trace.

As for drawings, they are just that....anybody can imagine anything they want and draw it.  It hardly counts as evidence. Give me a crashed alien spaceship buried in the sediments of the Nile delta with two alien skeletons inside and I might reconsider. 

Aliens .... If you were an Alien Race developed enough to cross the Universe at super speed, would you land here and introduce yourself?

Half the planet is starving while a significant proportion of the rest are increasingly so fat they can't wipe their own *****. Turn the news on and we are routinely blowing each other up in the name of whatever.

I think we could well be regarded as the pub with the blacked out windows and the burned out car outside. Just move along ... don't slow down the flying saucer and keep the doors locked.

Ghosts ...... I think the brain is an extremely powerful lump of goo as @David stated. I have never seen a ghost but I have certainly **** myself up a few times when in the right environment. I know people who are adamant they have seen stuff, guess their heads could well be wired up differently to mine.

One thing is for sure, people love listening to other people tell a good tale. It beats everything else. 'The Unexplained' tales are always the best in my experience.

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

Why do women tend to believe in ghosts? 

And be ghosts?

My sister used to love in an old monestary, and she regularly saw a male monk ghost who had a habit of making a noise wherever he happened to be. She once told him off because he woke up her daughter, she wasn't a bit scared of it. 

Im not sure if I saw the same figure too, she was a single parent for a time while she lived here, one day I went by on the bus and saw what I took as a man standing in her front window, I thought she'd got a new fella..turns out later when I rang and said something along the lines of 'you kept him quiet', and explained who/what I saw, she hadn't been in all day, she'd been at work, nobody was in. But yet I saw somebody, or something. 

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I think White Horse Ram has a point about the state of human civilisation. Knowing my luck i'll end up coming back as a Ghost. It's bad enough already without gracing earth for a second time .:p

Chin up Tony .. Remember the good times... Ball in the back of the net. Your first snog, a cold beer hitting the back of your throat on a hot day. A frosty bright morning.

Mind you I love that jokey quote

they said smile, it could be worse ... So I  did  ... And it was  :huh:

13 minutes ago, ladyram said:

My sister used to love in an old monestary, and she regularly saw a male monk ghost who had a habit of making a noise wherever he happened to be. She once told him off because he woke up her daughter, she wasn't a bit scared of it. 

Im not sure if I saw the same figure too, she was a single parent for a time while she lived here, one day I went by on the bus and saw what I took as a man standing in her front window, I thought she'd got a new fella..turns out later when I rang and said something along the lines of 'you kept him quiet', and explained who/what I saw, she hadn't been in all day, she'd been at work, nobody was in. But yet I saw somebody, or something. 

Yeah there's some guy ghosts that get reported it just seems there's a lot of women ones. Almost all the ghost films these days have got women ghosts and a lot are based on 'real' events. 

And with the exception of one person all the people who've ever told me they believe in ghosts or spirits or whatever (religion apart) have been women. It seems to be borne out in this thread too (sorry Tony). I just wonder why that is.

I used to work in a nursing home years ago. I heard the distinctive laughter of an old lady who'd died.  But like the levitating bed thing I talked about earlier I don't think it happened anywhere apart from in my own head. Not that I usually hear things that aren't there :unsure:

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

Yeah there's some guy ghosts that get reported it just seems there's a lot of women ones. Almost all the ghost films these days have got women ghosts and a lot are based on 'real' events. 

And with the exception of one person all the people who've ever told me they believe in ghosts or spirits or whatever (religion apart) have been women. It seems to be borne out in this thread too (sorry Tony). I just wonder why that is.

I used to work in a nursing home years ago. I heard the distinctive laughter of an old lady who'd died.  But like the levitating bed thing I talked about earlier I don't think it happened anywhere apart from in my own head. Not that I usually hear things that aren't there :unsure:

I know what you mean when you say you don't think it happened anywhere except in your own head - which is why when I saw this ghost, I remember very clearly thinking to myself - you aren't really seeing this you daft cow, ghosts aren't supposed to exist - and tried my damnest to tell myself my eyes were deceiving me, but yet bloody hell, there she was! Jeez, she even had a double row of thin elastic where her nightie sleeve cuffs met her wrists!

But no matter what I say, how I describe it, some simply won't believe it possible. It's something that often gets mocked, or laughed off as some sort of balmy imagination. Sure, I was of that opinion once, until I saw one right in front of me. 

I doubt I could ever be a sceptic again. As for aliens, I might never have witnessed one, but I don't believe we're alone here. As Trueman said in Armageddon 'It's a big ass sky'.  :lol:

On a side note - can somebody explain this Area 51 the Americans claim to have? 

The place is real enough, but what goes off there, is it fact or fiction?

14 minutes ago, ladyram said:

On a side note - can somebody explain this Area 51 the Americans claim to have? 

The place is real enough, but what goes off there, is it fact or fiction?

Well ... As far as I know it's somewhere in the desert, possibly Nevada but it might be Arizona. Anyway, on level 16 underground ( there are at least 40 levels deep below even the water table ) are at least 3 fully functional alien space craft and teams of engineers trying to understand how the onboard anti gravity system works. The bodies of the pilots have been examined over the last 50 odd years without many conclusions being drawn except that they have big heads and slitty eyes. 

The other levels are engaged in more serious research such as who will be the next manager of Derby County 

Archived